The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Trunk Lift Support for GS-T Spyder (1997)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Testosteroni84

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2009
Drammen, Europe
My original trunk lift supports need to be replaced as they can no longer hold the trunk open.
My car has an aftermarket rear spoiler.

I have been doing quite a bit of research trying to find out which companies are producing trunk lift supports for my car.
Primarily, I have been looking at the different manufacturers/brands sold on eBay.
I have also searched this forum hoping to find some information.
However, I can not find a thread where the different manufacturers are discussed and experience is shared.

The following manufacturers/brands keep popping up:

AMS Automotive - RhinoPac
AVM Industries LLC - StrongArm & MightyLift
Ride Control LLC - Gabriel
Tenneco Inc. - Monroe

I am only using the best quality parts for my car and I would like to hear your experience and opinions regarding trunk lift supports.

I really don't understand what the problem is, I understand the whole international shipping side of things is a huge pain and complicates things, but these are readily available. I am using a set of Strongarm trunk shocks for my 98 spyder and they have been working great. Rock Auto sells them for cheap as well. StrongArm Item #4667 is what I purchased, they fit perfectly, and work exactly as OEM.

The point is I really want genuine Mitsubishi lift supports.
I already have the StrongArm supports and I also have the EzzyLift ones.
The design is different.
I like the appearance of the original Mitsubishi supports better.

So I recently found a dealer who had listed the correct trunk lift support for my car (MR153573).
I have been in communication with them since May 24 about this part.
I have had questions about the packaging, shipping and weight of the item.
A fellow forum member has even offered to help me get this part as they do not offer international shipping.

So I just sent them a message and asked if their inventory is automatically updated as I am going to place an order soon.
Now they suddenly tell me the following:

"Hello, we apologize, Mitsubishi has discontinued MR153573 It is not available any longer from Mitsubishi. No Mitsubishi dealer in the U.S. has the item in stock. We are not able to order the part. Unfortunately, they do not inform us when they discontinue a part until we order it. We offer our sincere apologies for this inconvenience. We will refund your payment. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

What a joke!
Talk about wasting time.

I seem to be screwed around with by every dealer I contact about this part and the other parts I am looking for (see my other thread).

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back