The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Trnasmission stuck in limp mode

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90_AWD_Thunder

Proven Member
Jan 18, 2015
Madison, Wisconsin
Ok, just got link and installed that get ready to tune and found my trans is in limp mode. When I hook up a scan tool to pull the codes to see if there is a problem there I cant get any communication to the tcu but I can link up with my ecu. Checked the fuse it is good (replaced it anyway just in case) now I am led to a broken/shorted wire or bad tcu. I pulled the tcu and there is some corrosion around one of the capacitors leading me to believe that the tcu is junk (it actually looks like the cap leaked. So, I don't know where to go from here and I will ask if anyone has a good tcu as I cant find any place that can repair them. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you asked Thomas at ECMLink about repairing your TCU? I don't know if he does but he is very knowledgeable and might know someone if he can't repair it.

I would just remove the TCU and get a sift box from road surge. From what I have seen in the pass it will cost more to have the TCU repaired then just getting the shift box:thumb:

Yes I did check with ecm link and no he can't repair it. And I did think about the shift box but I want to have the option of full auto and manual where the shift box would only give me manual

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back