The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Transsmision redline oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian97

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 3, 2018
Göteborg, Europe
Which is the best choice to my 1g 90 GSX transsmision: mix of Red Line MTL and MT90, MT85 ONLY or MT90 only ?
I live in Sweden so in winter reaches -20 degrees.

Which is the best choice to my 1g 90 GSX transsmision: mix of Red Line MTL and MT90, MT85 ONLY or MT90 only ?
I live in Sweden so in winter reaches -20 degrees.

This has been covered a million times. Check some other threads. Mitsubishi diaqueen and never look back IMO.

I use mt90 with about 1/2 qt of lightweight shockproof in mine. Works great year round, we get temp swings from -20 to +105f.

Diaqueen is great stuff too, but it's expensive as heeeeell.

3 quarts of mt90 in the transmission, to be exact i think you need 2 and a half quarts for the transmission, but 3 bottles will cover it, 1 quart of lightweight shockproof for the rear diff, and 1 quart for transfer case, that is what I'm running it makes shifting feel a lot better vs the average gl5 that parts stores typically sell.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back