The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

General Timing examples on a 90 lb/min plus car???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoolinpos

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 13, 2008
Fraser, Michigan
Hey guys, I'm just looking around for some example logs (ECMLink) with a car running in upwards of 80-95lbs/min and the timing seen at higher rpm? If you're seeing 45-50psi and seeing a flow of 85-90lbs/min, what is a round about timing you go to? (assuming E85 is being used) Thanks!

Not quite in your league, but when I was running 45lbs on my HX40, I had a max timing of 18*. I started at 15* and moved up 1* at a time. I didn't see a difference between 17 and 18 so I backed off to just 17*. I was only flowing a little over 60lbs/min so it may not have the correct info you are looking for but that is what I was able to run.

Would need to know compression ratio. Reading plugs can really help finding out what the motor wants. My 10:1 motor as been above 70lb/min and i think i started at 8-9 degrees up top and worked up to 12-13 degrees. That much air flow would be best to use a dyno and read plugs to find what it wants.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back