The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Timing belt off to one side

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isiaha

Probationary Member
Mar 29, 2021
El Paso, Texas
(6-BOLT) Everything was fine correct, everything is new and is OEM besides the gates belt (not OEM) I am thinking it’s possibly the tensioner arm bushing that’s probably worn. I’ve seen couple of other builds with the belt sitting more on side (inner side). Wondering if this is ok to run? Or should I get those new olite bushings from pat. Haven’t ran the motor. Just turned it by hand after installation.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Until you start running it, it's hard to tell how far (if at all) that belt is going to shift.
If it does it's because the tension on the belt is uneven from side to side. Usually due to a problem with the tensioner arm and pulley.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back