The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

The Showdown @ Englishtown

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well my stupid car ran the slowest its ever gone with a [email protected] to realize that my safc settings were incorrect and was running pig rich with a 9.xx AFR!!!!! How long can your car sit before it losses its safc settings?My second run I was on the studderbox building boost and she rolled forward through the light...felt like a noob LOL. Well after the car has sat at Dogbox for over a month since Pinks @ MIR I decided to drive the car home instead of trailer it. Well I got 40 miles from the track and something in the drivetrain locked up and left me on the side of the NJ turnpike. So I spent most of the evening getting towed off the turnpike then towed again back to Dogbox......WTF so for the whole summer I got to make 2 passes at MIR and 1 pass at E-town!! But it was a very nice event although the bracket guys including myself made us all look like we never raced before LOL. Thanks to Sean and Sandra for the shade and BBQ! And ALEX get that evo in the 8's!!!

Yeah we saw your car and recognized it from online. I was over by boost boyz when the purple car was throwing in shawn's stage 5 rear axles and his slicks. I didn't get to see what they did the last run with that stuff but they better have cleaned up shop.

On a serious note hindsight is 20/20 but now hearing what the guys that went to ohio have to say about etown I'm kinda glad I didn't go because I was never a F this event kinda guy I just thought that a bunch of regular dsm guys getting together drinking and racing(not in that order LOL) would be more fun then just racing. But what I didn't know is that the big guys are just as regular as you and me. Marco came up to me on several times and talked to me no different than any other joe smoe dsm guy. My gf and I talked to Martin from AMS just like I would any of my regular friends at a bbq. These guys may have money and a big rep but they are not big headed when it comes to dealing with regular dsm guys like myself. I don't have anything against the guys runing or that attended Ohio but the whole F that place thing isn't what I'm about. In the end there were DSM people at both:rocks:

Yeah we saw your car and recognized it from online. I was over by boost boyz when the purple car was throwing in shawn's stage 5 rear axles and his slicks. I didn't get to see what they did the last run with that stuff but they better have cleaned up shop.

On a serious note hindsight is 20/20 but now hearing what the guys that went to ohio have to say about etown I'm kinda glad I didn't go because I was never a F this event kinda guy I just thought that a bunch of regular dsm guys getting together drinking and racing(not in that order LOL) would be more fun then just racing. But what I didn't know is that the big guys are just as regular as you and me. Marco came up to me on several times and talked to me no different than any other joe smoe dsm guy. My gf and I talked to Martin from AMS just like I would any of my regular friends at a bbq. These guys may have money and a big rep but they are not big headed when it comes to dealing with regular dsm guys like myself. I don't have anything against the guys runing or that attended Ohio but the whole F that place thing isn't what I'm about. In the end there were DSM people at both:rocks:

I think the people at the shootout were pissed cause this showdown was purposely scheduled the SAME day just to try and KILL the shootout. That's a DICK HEAD move...and a stupid one on top of that. There is ONLY so many of us DSM'ers ...so why try to split us up? The showdown should have been next weekend. I know 80% of the people at the ohio shootout would go to the etown one too if it were a different day.... I know I would. and most of my friends wanted to go too.

I was around the people that we all know were the main guys for the etwon event and they didn't harp on david or his camp really the entire weekend. I heard one comment which was pretty funny no matter which side you are on but other than that they said nothing about the other half. If I was on a side t would have been the ohio side as I believe the same date this is wack but after going to etwon and hearing and seeing the video from ohio I feel like etown more represents me than ohio with the f etwon chants and huge beer bong(which don't get me wrong is cool but just not what I was going to go to ohio for)

Hopefully someone will be smart enough in the future to realize how many more people they could have at each event if they didn't have them on the same weekend.

Or just stop acting like children and work together for one huge event.:thumb:

He made one pass after the rear swap and went 11.2x and was the #2 qualifer in his bracket but then missed the call to the lanes for his next run so they DQ'd him. How cool is it that shawn let him bolt up his axles AND shawns 4bolt rear!!! I told him if he want to let me borrow them for a year or two it was ok ROFLMAO. But yea i hung out with BB&G racing the whole day..even had some BBQ (thanks again sandra) they are some of the nicest racers I have ever met. I also unfortunately spent alot of time around chris and alex from Dogbox this past month and they are cool too!

I think the people at the shootout were pissed cause this showdown was purposely scheduled the SAME day just to try and KILL the shootout. That's a DICK HEAD move...and a stupid one on top of that. There is ONLY so many of us DSM'ers ...so why try to split us up? The showdown should have been next weekend. I know 80% of the people at the ohio shootout would go to the etown one too if it were a different day.... I know I would. and most of my friends wanted to go too.

Unforntunantly I see it being the same next year. Buschur has already posted his event info for next year and Englishtown has ALWAYS has Mistu Day that weekend. I don't see either one changing thier schedules.

I want to say thank you to everyone that went and supported either event. Thats what is important. We may have been at 2 different places but we are still all one.

Unforntunantly I see it being the same next year. Buschur has already posted his event info for next year and Englishtown has ALWAYS has Mistu Day that weekend. I don't see either one changing thier schedules.

I want to say thank you to everyone that went and supported either event. Thats what is important. We may have been at 2 different places but we are still all one.

I think that is a CRAPPY weekend for either event. I mean it was at least 92 degrees and Humid as hell. That is Like the worst conditions for racing besides SNOW. Somebody needs to have one in JUNE and one in SEPT! Lets get a money pool thread started on DSM tuners to start a NEW NEW shootout. We can Rent out the Track!

Here is a link to our pictures from the weekend:
showdown

Tim

I hate you right now. You were there and didn't even talk to me. Just kidding, but really. I probablly walked past you 500 times.

...ohio with the f etwon chants...

Wow. That's real mature. :ohdamn:

I'm glad everyone at E-town was cool as hell. Shawn, Sandra, and the BB&G crew, it was great to meet you guys; I hope to see you guys at MIR in a few months. Thanks for letting Chris and us use some of your tools and parts to get the Purple Monster fixed.

This was the best weekend I've ever had at the track. :D

I hate you right now. You were there and didn't even talk to me. Just kidding, but really. I probablly walked past you 500 times.

I know how you feel, we probably walked past hundreds of people we talk to online but we have never met in person and we don't know what they look like. Next year I think everyone should wear name tags with their screen names on them so we know who is who :p

Tim

We do that at the NE DSM meet and it definitely helps out. I'm sure I walked by everyone a lot and didn't realize it. I obviously knew some people as I'd see pictures/met them before, but it would've been nice to meet everyone else.

And I stopped by the BB&G tent to say hi, but I don't believe anyone I knew was there as I heard Shawn's name being announced not too long afterwards. So I'm guessing people were out watching him.

I know how you feel, we probably walked past hundreds of people we talk to online but we have never met in person and we don't know what they look like. Next year I think everyone should wear name tags with their screen names on them so we know who is who :p

Tim

I was the guys in the black DSM Purity shirt with the Mobil 1 hat at TT. Did you guys have the shop car there. I think I may have saw it actually and didn't even know it.

I did meet the guys who used to run Diamond Star Motorsports; he was running a green GVR4 in Street 16.

I was with the purple 1g hanging with the Boost Boyz and Girls Racing crew at the track yesterday.

We do that at the NE DSM meet and it definitely helps out. I'm sure I walked by everyone a lot and didn't realize it. I obviously knew some people as I'd see pictures/met them before, but it would've been nice to meet everyone else.

And I stopped by the BB&G tent to say hi, but I don't believe anyone I knew was there as I heard Sean's name being announced not too long afterwards. So I'm guessing people were out watching him.

I had the SBR shirt and Mobil 1 hat on; working on the Purple Monster. Probabaly saw you there and didn't know it.

And I stopped by the BB&G tent to say hi, but I don't believe anyone I knew was there as I heard Shawn's name being announced not too long afterwards. So I'm guessing people were out watching him.

Man, you should have came back. Sorry I missed you.

I'm glad everyone at E-town was cool as hell. Shawn, Sandra, and the BB&G crew, it was great to meet you guys; I hope to see you guys at MIR in a few months. Thanks for letting Chris and us use some of your tools and parts to get the Purple Monster fixed.

This was the best weekend I've ever had at the track. :D

Hey it was not a problem, that's what friends are for. That's just how we are and what we believe in.
Without a doubt we will be at MIR. And yes I'll be cooking again. The World Cup Finals is the Super Bowl of drag racing.

I think that is a CRAPPY weekend for either event. I mean it was at least 92 degrees and Humid as hell. That is Like the worst conditions for racing besides SNOW. Somebody needs to have one in JUNE and one in SEPT! Lets get a money pool thread started on DSM tuners to start a NEW NEW shootout. We can Rent out the Track!

yea i think that would be cool :thumb::thumb:

Yeah that's why in my build thread I posted some pictures of myself doing stuff so people will recognize me and know it's me doing the work ;)

Saundra tell Shawn to hit me up about those wiggins clamps and the -10an catch can lines.

Man, you should have came back. Sorry I missed you.

So i walked by and checked out your laser with my buddy, and i know your race team is called boost boys and girls, but i didn't expect to see boys and girls. I though it would be a couple guys and their wives. But there were kids helping out in the pit.
So do you guys just give local kids the opportunity to learn about race cars and come help out? Me and my buddy were surprised and thought how awesome it would be to have that opportunity as a kid.

Slippi i think i was talking to you when the guy with the purple 1g was swapping out the rear end, i was the guy that was joking about him needing a 3 bolt axle cause he had a weak inferior 3 bolt rear end. I didn't realize that was you if it was, i would have talked about your car for a while. But i saw your post above and realized , hm that was probably sean.

So i walked by and checked out your laser with my buddy, and i know your race team is called boost boys and girls, but i didn't expect to see boys and girls. I though it would be a couple guys and their wives. But there were kids helping out in the pit.
So do you guys just give local kids the opportunity to learn about race cars and come help out? Me and my buddy were surprised and thought how awesome it would be to have that opportunity as a kid.

Slippi i think i was talking to you when the guy with the purple 1g was swapping out the rear end, i was the guy that was joking about him needing a 3 bolt axle cause he had a weak inferior 3 bolt rear end. I didn't realize that was you if it was, i would have talked about your car for a while. But i saw your post above and realized , hm that was probably sean.

Yeah I was the 6' black guy with the red beater on

And those aren't random kids that's all of Shawn and Saundra's family. They roll squad deep ROFL

Only 3 of those kids were our own kids, but we encourage our children to bring a friend. The biggest boy we brought this time was our nephew that has never been exposed to cars or anything like this. He just came into our lives a few months ago, due to a not so desirale childhood. This week he asked Shawn ''Can i come over and help so that i can learn about cars?'' Our kids have learned many lessons from our experiences at the race track.

Well now he has the lasers 4-bolt rear in it along with the lasers old DSS stage 5 pro race axles. With that he had a personal best of 11.32 @ 130 against Shawn.

When we go to the track on a weekend, EVERYONE has a job. It comes to a point where I'm simply in the way and just stand around bullshitting with anyone who comes over to hang out. I wouldn't say that coming to the track with us is an "opportunity".....more along the lines of "capital punishment!":D. We have 3 kids and 1 grandbaby and 1 cousin that stepped up and wanted to learn about cars.

Shawn Jr. and Keith Thomas (our sons) can pretty much help out anywhere we need them.
Orion Vaughan (our cousin) was soaking up stuff like a sponge, and he was very key in getting the car ready in time for the weekend.
Olivia Nolan (our daughter) helped Sandra with all the cooking and cleaning up the pit area. She's turning into a GREAT cook.
Natasha Nolan (our grandbaby) keeps us busy chasing her throughout the pit area. You can find her wearing a shirt that says "I'm just a 14B right now!"

As for Chris' car, The Purple Monster, it's a freakin' beast! I wasn't about to stand by and watch after he traveled all that way to run the car only to break and park. Sooooooo...........we grabbed the 4 bolt out of the trailer, grabbed the axles I KNEW wouldn't break, and told him, "get your ass out there and break records, NOT driveline parts!" He came close to succeeding. He ran 2 career bests 11.4 and 11.3, both at 130+, and we couldn't pry the smile off his face with a crowbar! To me THAT is what the Showdown was about! It was EXTREMELY worth it to me!

When we go to the track on a weekend, EVERYONE has a job. It comes to a point where I'm simply in the way and just stand around bullshitting with anyone who comes over to hang out. I wouldn't say that coming to the track with us is an "opportunity".....more along the lines of "capital punishment!":D. We have 3 kids and 1 grandbaby and 1 cousin that stepped up and wanted to learn about cars.

Shawn Jr. and Keith Thomas (our sons) can pretty much help out anywhere we need them.
Orion Vaughan (our cousin) was soaking up stuff like a sponge, and he was very key in getting the car ready in time for the weekend.
Olivia Nolan (our daughter) helped Sandra with all the cooking and cleaning up the pit area. She's turning into a GREAT cook.
Natasha Nolan (our grandbaby) keeps us busy chasing her throughout the pit area. You can find her wearing a shirt that says "I'm just a 14B right now!"

As for Chris' car, The Purple Monster, it's a freakin' beast! I wasn't about to stand by and watch after he traveled all that way to run the car only to break and park. Sooooooo...........we grabbed the 4 bolt out of the trailer, grabbed the axles I KNEW wouldn't break, and told him, "get your ass out there and break records, NOT driveline parts!" He came close to succeeding. He ran 2 career bests 11.4 and 11.3, both at 130+, and we couldn't pry the smile off his face with a crowbar! To me THAT is what the Showdown was about! It was EXTREMELY worth it to me!

Yeah I"m gonna park next you after I break something next year man LOL j/k Just more proof that you and Saundra are what this is all about:applause::applause::applause:

Not to mention Trinna made it clear several times she loves you guys and you are her favorites. She even more than me wanted to come say bye but you guys went back up for another run after the final and if I stayed any longer I would not have stayed awake for the drive home that we had to make as we had already checked out of the Hilton.

That was my second guess. That's cool they got the whole family involved. My wife and I have been talking about have a kid down the road and I worry that it will be the end of my DSM days, but I see there is hope.

Overall I had a great time. It's always nice to put some faces with the names we see online all the time. Thank you to all the vendors that put this together! I only wish my heap was running right ( found the problem at the end of the day ). :) A BIG thank you to Keith Loforte for letting me use his spare MSD to try and figure out my car's ignition issue!

The only thing I would change is if there is any way to have the gathering Saturday somewhere else, where we could fit a lot more cars, that would be preferred. I believe this event will be on a different day next year and have a even larger attendance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back