The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

The Showdown @ Englishtown

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

look at the hood on this talon. This picture was taken at the finish line.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/THmk8JDgvl4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/THmk8JDgvl4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Highlight video from the weekend

Tim

We had an AWESOME time, by far the best DSM event I have been to yet. There was a ton of people there and everyone was great.

Put the car on the dyno on Saturday with basically the same tune as it had on it at the IndyHP shootout. Only difference was 1 more degree of timing. Car made 614 awhp on the first pull. I smoothed out some fuel stuff and added 2 more degrees of timing and we made another pull. This time the dyno didnt register! So we made another pull and I made 271 whp ROFL Obviously the dyno wasnt picking something up right.

At the track, first pass off the trailer was a 10.21 @ 143mph. I spun through 1st and 2nd pretty badly but it was enough to be top qualifier in S16 class so I was happy.

1st round eliminations I ran a mid 11 sec 1g. Car came out blazzing tires again through 1st and 2nd and part of 3rd to a 10.25 @ 142 mph

2nd round was a Bye run

3rd round I ran that Hyundai Elantra on a 1g frame. He had been running pretty consistent mid 10's and was doing pretty well on the tree from what I heard so I knew I couldnt let him get out on me too hard. We both cut almost exactly the same lights but again I spun so he got out on me a little but he had only been running around 133mph so I knew I could run him down. I passed him around the 500ft area and right after that he said he broke 3rd gear in his trans.

Finals I was running a mid 10 sec EVO on Hoosiers, nice car and nice guys that owned it. He treed me and got out on me a lot, I was freight training him pretty badly but just didnt have enough track to catch him. I had about a fender left to go when we crossed the finish line.

I didnt have to do anything to it other than make passes. All 60 ft times were in the 1.6 range all day spinning pretty bad but keeping my tcase in one piece and letting me go rounds.

Hope to go out on a TNT night soon when I can hook the car and see if the tcase will let me get my 9!

It was great to put some names with faces like Brent from JM Fab and Eric from JNZ guys I have never met in person as well as the Turbo Trix guys and everyone else I met. I wish I had more time to look around the build quality and fabrication on the cars was amazing from what I had the chance to check out.

Cant wait until next year.

I had an awesome time as well. Good to meet many of you guys from this forum, and good to see others again this year. Too many to list. And congrats to those of you that did well! There were some awesome cars there. :)

Posted more videos last night.
YouTube - talontsi97's Channel

fastfive0 i think i posted your run against the turbo mirage.

LOL yup thats me racing the Colt GT. That thing was a beast but at least i managed to squeak out the better time:) Really wish i had the car for more then 10 minutes in 2 months to prepare. Car was almost a full second off what she normally runs and a good 5-6mph off also. But I didnt want to damage the trans either while launching hard to i put down a 1.9 on that run compared to my usual 1.6-1.7 and the trans broke on the way home AGAIN anyway LOL. That run was on 24-25psi you should see her on 33-35 and an afr around 10.9-11 compared to the 9.xx it was on that run he he he he....are you local here in NEPA?

What the hell George. You just picked up that tranny on Sat night at midnight? Hmmmm.

yes i did and got to drive it to the hotel LOL, dogbox called today and said bad bearing on the input shaft...needs ring gear and input shaft...WTF....shoot me now LOL

So you took it back to them? Will they cover it? We have had nothing but the best service from them.

yea we came to an agreement....they get my first born son in exchange for a dogmission....LOL....naw they worked with me....just gotta get some damn money now to pay them LOL. This car has bleed me dry the past few months........If there is no room left in your garage tell shawn i will gladly hold on to those axles for him ROFLMAO!!!

yea we came to an agreement....they get my first born son in exchange for a dogmission....LOL....naw they worked with me....just gotta get some damn money now to pay them LOL. This car has bleed me dry the past few months........If there is no room left in your garage tell shawn i will gladly hold on to those axles for him ROFLMAO!!!

WOW, great deal !!! I would gladly give my first born for a new tranny. Just a little FYI... your first born will bleed you dry for at least 18 years too....LOL

Yeah I was the 6' black guy with the red beater on

And those aren't random kids that's all of Shawn and Saundra's family. They roll squad deep ROFL

I knew i'd seen you somewhere before. Your project thread for your car; took me until now to put 2 and 2 together. Forgive me, i'm still coming back to reality. I was the guy in the SBR shirt working on the Purple Monster with the other guys.

At any rate, i'm glad I got to meet you in person.

I knew i'd seen you somewhere before. Your project thread for your car; took me until now to put 2 and 2 together. Forgive me, i'm still coming back to reality. I was the guy in the SBR shirt working on the Purple Monster with the other guys.

At any rate, i'm glad I got to meet you in person.

Yeah I remember you. I agree always good to meet people in person. A couple people came up to me and were like slippi84??? So I guess the pictures in my build thread were a even better idea then I thought,

Personally I think everyone's avatar should be a pics of the person with their car.

We had an AWESOME time, by far the best DSM event I have been to yet. There was a ton of people there and everyone was great.

Put the car on the dyno on Saturday with basically the same tune as it had on it at the IndyHP shootout. Only difference was 1 more degree of timing. Car made 614 awhp on the first pull. I smoothed out some fuel stuff and added 2 more degrees of timing and we made another pull. This time the dyno didnt register! So we made another pull and I made 271 whp ROFL Obviously the dyno wasnt picking something up right.

At the track, first pass off the trailer was a 10.21 @ 143mph. I spun through 1st and 2nd pretty badly but it was enough to be top qualifier in S16 class so I was happy.

1st round eliminations I ran a mid 11 sec 1g. Car came out blazzing tires again through 1st and 2nd and part of 3rd to a 10.25 @ 142 mph

2nd round was a Bye run

3rd round I ran that Hyundai Elantra on a 1g frame. He had been running pretty consistent mid 10's and was doing pretty well on the tree from what I heard so I knew I couldnt let him get out on me too hard. We both cut almost exactly the same lights but again I spun so he got out on me a little but he had only been running around 133mph so I knew I could run him down. I passed him around the 500ft area and right after that he said he broke 3rd gear in his trans.

Finals I was running a mid 10 sec EVO on Hoosiers, nice car and nice guys that owned it. He treed me and got out on me a lot, I was freight training him pretty badly but just didnt have enough track to catch him. I had about a fender left to go when we crossed the finish line.

I didnt have to do anything to it other than make passes. All 60 ft times were in the 1.6 range all day spinning pretty bad but keeping my tcase in one piece and letting me go rounds.

Hope to go out on a TNT night soon when I can hook the car and see if the tcase will let me get my 9!
What your basic engine setup?

Its a 6 bolt Eagle/Ross 2.0 liter
HKS 272 cams
Custom Garrett 4" FMIC
Fathouse Fabrication T3 SC6152 turbo kit
ECM Link V3
Full 10 point cage
Full 3" exhaust
C16 fuel
etc etc if you want to know anything specific just ask.

Here is a video of the car a friend made. In the first pass you can really tell how bad I was spinning the car just wasnt going anywhere till right before the 1/8th HA HA

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6174477&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6174477&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/6174477">Mitsubishi vs. Subaru showdown 09 teaser</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user2116345">aaron anderson</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

I was impressed with your clean ass 2G! Too bad the dyno put up strange numbers at the end.

Just curious......Is North Vernon close to Mount Vernon? Not too far from Evansville?

Thanks :D Its desperately in need of a paint job but I do my best to keep it clean.

I am not aware of a Mt. Vernon Indiana, North Vernon is about 2 hours from Evansville.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back