The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

The Showdown @ Englishtown

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've been looking for more info on saturday at turbotrix. I keep seeing bits and peices of info posted here and there on differant forums.
So far i gathered:
-boostboyz is making food
-first come first serve on turbotrix's dyno
-"11am start time"

I'm not sure what else i'm looking to find out but i just haven't seen any official posts about it.
Looks like i may have work and can make it on saturday so i'm pretty interested.

how about sunday what time will most of you guys be down there because I see it starts at 8 but that seems a bit too early for me to make it there Im thinkin Ill be there around 9-930 I hope I dont miss much 7 second dsms all day long LOL))))))))))))))

I dont understand why this is the same day as the DSM shootout in Norwalk Ohio? I would Like to go to this as well as the DSM shootout. It seems retarded to have it the same day. :confused:
I guess Its cause everybody hates david buschur huh? Well Instead of trying to kill the DSM shootout in Ohio just make a whole new one. I would love to have MORE big DSM /EVO events!
Seems like this scheduling was done to piss certain people off. But we are all suffering cause I can only be in one state at a time. IT SUCKS that I have to miss this showdown. :notgood:

I agree with you, out of all the dates why pick the one that is the real DSM shootout:confused::confused::confused:. I think it was done intetionally, and yes it would be nice to see showdown down Norwalk at this years shootout:|

Leaving around 530 Saturday morning with a few others. Can't wait:sneaky:

Looking forward to this finally! JNZ FINISHING will have some parts on display there in the JNZ TUNING booth, come and say Hi :D

Just got to the hotel with the gf. We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in edison real close to turbotrix and like 15-20min from the track. We're staying here till Sunday should be a great time this weekend. I know Sunday will be crazy but I hope tomorrow is up to par because that is the main reason I made the switch.

Sean we will be heading out in about 20 minutes and staying at the Hampton Inn - south Plainfield.

Yeah, Hope everyone has a goodtime, I will be at the shootout, not the showdown. Gee I wish I could have made it to both. Oh well.

yeah this is gonna be awesome ill be out there with alex from dog box racing and their evo. ill have my talon there as well. cant wait to see some of you guys!

You guys missed some crazy stuff today at turbotrix. AMS had a clone of their evo that they built for some random guy and they put it on the dyno....SICKKKKKKKKKKKK!! They didn't say how much hp it made but I will be uploading the video and pictures in a little bit for all to see. It was pretty much the heavy hitters of the quick 16 all lined up plus topgrip's(anthony) Dragster. The pictures say it all.

Pictures by Slippi84 - Photobucket

You guys missed some crazy stuff today at turbotrix. AMS had a clone of their evo that they built for some random guy and they put it on the dyno....SICKKKKKKKKKKKK!! They didn't say how much hp it made but I will be uploading the video and pictures in a little bit for all to see. It was pretty much the heavy hitters of the quick 16 all lined up plus topgrip's(anthony) Dragster. The pictures say it all.

Pictures by Slippi84 - Photobuckei t

i really wish i made it out today!!!!!!!

i was up way to late in the city and did not feel like heading out there at like 1pm.... ill be out tomorrow though! :)

i really wish i made it out today!!!!!!!

i was up way to late in the city and did not feel like heading out there at like 1pm.... ill be out tomorrow though! :)

Yeah you should have still came. We didn't leave till like 5 maybe 5:30 and the AMS clone didn't even run till like 4:30 which was the biggest attraction. Martin spun it himself. It's a exact clone of the AME drag evo and they made it for just some random guy who must have a lot of play money. I have the video of that pull I'll try and upload but I will tell you this even watching the video you have NO IDEA how loud and beast like that car is.

On a side note though, I had the pleasure of meating dsmlink Tom himself too. Very cool guy. I talked with him briefly about V3 and of course you know which way he said I should go for tuning LOL. I talked with Matin from AMS on the way to the jeep and sounds like they may have another accomplishment to be proud of very soon but I won't get into that online till it's out to the public. Shawn(spelling LOL) Brown and Saundra were ther supplying tunes and food for the event shout out to them and there great crew/family. I talked with Jeff Busch who is a stand up guy who you could just sit around and bs with for hours and he is as down to earth as any other dsmer I have met. He even showed us a little secret how he keeps vacuum while at the line with all that boost ;). CFT racing came threw along with others like Kiggly racing, Spark Tech, the guys from DSM Quebec( those guys have the coolest accents) and of course Turbotrix. The crazy part is there are still big dogs coming like Nate from TPG(my future tuner :D) so tomorrow is only gonna get better with all the regular guys mixed in with the big dogs too for a crazy good time. I will be the first to dmit I was wrong this event is def a great idea.

After seeing those pics i'm a little disapointed i didn't make it out after wanting to go, but i did get a few things down around the garage so the day wasn't a waste. Tomorrow is going to be awesome, I'm super excited. I will have tons of video that will be getting posted all day Monday morning/afternoon. I'll keep a look out for you guys that i know i'm sure its going to be a busy day with a lot of people.
Good luck to all those racing.

guys the bbq was a great turn out, im glad i got to go, every one was great from tuners to just every one that was there.
and i need to say the bbq chicken was great, im down for some more if there's more left.

Here at the courtyard Marriott after just picking up the talon at dogbox. Their evo is ready to rock...see you guys in the AM!

guys the bbq was a great turn out, im glad i got to go, every one was great from tuners to just every one that was there.
and i need to say the bbq chicken was great, im down for some more if there's more left.

Danny it was great meeting and talking to you. Unfortunantly were not allowed to sell food at the track, and the chicken is all gone. But we have sloppy joe, ribs, and a few burgers left. I'll give you a plate.

Thank you Turbo Trix for the great time today. It was great meet new people, putting faces to name and just hanging out. Dinner sales were great thank you everyone that bought one. We raised enough money to pay $40 bounties to every class except the big dogs in quick 16 for the best reaction time. For those that didn't make it we will see you Sunday.

On a side note as my luck goes, we were all packed up and ready to go but the galant wouldn't go. Alternator took a shit on me, thanks Turbo Trix for selling us one on the spot.

as i wont be able to show today, yesterday was a great time can imagen today will be even better , im just hoping some one will take alot off pictures and videos for the ones that couldnt make it to see.

good luck to all the racers.

I have video out the ass and pictures as well from the track today. Congrats to Kiggly racing and their 1g fwd for taking the win in the Outlaw quick 16. All the big dogs came out and ran some good times. Just a couple quick highlights include anthony's dragster ran a 7.7x fastest time period all day, MAP ran a 8.83 in their 4g63 powered rx-7 which was the fastest time of the day, Kiggly racing ran a 8.93 to take home the win against Millan from turbo trix in his Evo. Great time and cool cars. I def don't regret not going to ohio even though I know it was probably fun there too.

Pictures will be uploaded to my othering link shortly :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back