The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

The Record Falls!!! 9.55 @ 144.5 Mph!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Very nice times.

Did you have to modify anything to fit the 26" tires on the car. I always heard that 26's wouldnt fit the rear without some pretty good modification?

Real basic suspension.. Tokico 5 way adjustable shocks with ground control coilovers. And as for the offset, i forget off the top of my head.

Scott

Nice job Scott. What springs/suspension do you have on the car? I'm curious to the offset as well.

Sorry I meant they are 26 x 8.5, and they fit without modification, but the car is also almost at stock ride height.

Scott

Very nice times.

Did you have to modify anything to fit the 26" tires on the car. I always heard that 26's wouldnt fit the rear without some pretty good modification?

Very good time.

But the real record for an Automatic DSM is this one:

Best time of [email protected]

And they run this time 2 years ago...
Best time of 9.42@155MPH with nitrous (race weight is 2420 lbs)
Best time of 9.63@149MPH without nitrous

http://summitdrag.dyndns.org/

It's a real dsm with a 2L engine and a stantard dsm fwd transmission.

Tic

I wouldnt consider that thing a DSM, did that style mirage even come with a DOHC motor from the factory? If you wanted to get that far out there I would say that Brent Rau would be the record holder for the fastest A/T DSM : )

Scott

Very good time.

Tic

I wouldnt consider that thing a DSM, did that style mirage even come with a DOHC motor from the factory? If you wanted to get that far out there I would say that Brent Rau would be the record holder for the fastest A/T DSM : )

Scott
I agree whole heatedly(sp?). Good job on the car. I hope to have a full IPT set-up sooner or later.

Brent runs an Auto? Don't you mean Dave Buschur? He ran a PG with his 7.7 run in the old tube frame Talon.

Wiz

Very good time.

Tic

Sorry hate to tell you but thats not a DSM .....

And here comes the "Its not a real DSM" arguments. No offense, if it's a Mitsu car and powered by a Mitsu motor, that qualifies as a DSM in my book. Technicalities aside, show your support and enthusiasm for all of our Mitsu people. That means all Colts, Mirage, Summit, D50, Mighty Max, Stealth/3000GT, Evo 1-10, Galants, T/E/L, the list goes on. If I see one of those hauling ass down the track, I sure as heck am not going to keep him from hanging out with me because he may or may not be a "DSM".

If you want to get that technical, than anything made after 1996 is not a DSM. Since they became MMC.

Sorry for getting of the subject.

Back to it, The fastest Auto "DSM" period is Dave's RWD Tube car. Then my hat goes to the canadian. Almost in the 8s in a FWD Mirage/Colt/Summit (Built during the DSM era and did come equipped in many of the 4dr models with a 1.6/1.8L DOHC) is hauling. If you are going for fastest Street Auto DSM....you might have it. But the term "Street" is used so loosely and often inaccurately.

Regardless, gratz on the time 9.55 from any car on this planet is hauling. Get that tuned a little tighter and you've got a lot more.

Wiz

^ Thats why it's your book ....and there is no argument to it ...fact is it is not a DSM so get over it .
No one is bashing other car's which use the 4G63 motors you are the one assuming that !

But yes he is actually the fastest 2g Auto AWD DSM

I was just trying to give some credit for the Canadians. The thread should've started with Fastest 2g AWD AUTO record. Not Auto DSM as a whole.

Wiz

HAH the canadian you speak of is actualy the one who pointed out it was a dsm record saying his mirage was not a DSM ;).

Very good time.

It's a real dsm with a 2L engine and a stantard dsm fwd transmission

Certainly sounds like he is talking about the Colt.....

Wiz

Good to hear everyone chiming in, It looks like I have some stiff competition in the AWD field, im not gonna even try gettin near the rwd tube chassis car but I know that breaking into the 8's and the "official" record will be easy once I get the ignition handled.. my 9.55 pass was with the car breaking up horribly the whole way down the track.. shoot I even lifted a little at the end in fear of breaking something.

Scott

:thumb: To Wizard. You understand my mind.

If you would like to be more in the facts...

Dave Buschur have the record for the ATX DSM with a not dsm transmission
The Canadian have the record for the ATX DSM with dsm transmission
And scottr126 have the record for the 2G ATX AWD DSM with dsm transmission

:thumb:

Tic

:thumb: To Wizard. You understand my mind.

If you would like to be more in the facts...

Dave Buschur have the record for the ATX DSM with a not dsm transmission
The Canadian have the record for the ATX DSM with dsm transmission
And scottr126 have the record for the 2G ATX AWD DSM with dsm transmission

The Camo Racing Mirage is *NOT* a dsm. It is a Mitsubishi Mirage with a dsm transmission in it. It was not made under the mitsu-chrysler dsm blanket. If we're going to split hairs about it being a dsm or not, lets at least get that right.

David Buschur has the record for an AT dsm with a non-dsm transmission.
Scott has the record for an AT dsm with a dsm transmission.
Camo Racing has the record for any car with a dsm transmission.

I will be attempting to combine the last two within the next two weeks :sneaky:

Kevin

Evo II and III are not dsm? The mitsubishi Mirage is the same thing of an Evo II and III.

Evo II and III are not dsm? The mitsubishi Mirage is the same thing of an Evo II and III.

No, EVO II and III are not dsm's either. DSM is Diamond Star Motors, the name given to the joint US-based projects between Chrysler and Mitsubishi in the '90's. It includes the cars build at the Normal, Illinois plant.

Kevin

Not to beat a dead horse, but DSMs are not just T/E/L. That is the term WE applied to them and has stuck since. But, to deny someone with a mirage (which Mirage/Summits produced after 1991 were under the "DSM" blanket) to a spot in a record book is selfish.

In order to circumvent this, the two partners officially incorporated Diamond-Star Motors in October 1985, and in April 1986 ground was broken on a 1.9 million square-foot (177,000 m²) production facility in Normal, Illinois. The plant was completed in March 1988, with an annual capacity of 240,000 vehicles.[1]

Initially, three models were produced at this facility. The Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser and Eagle Talon were smaller 2+2 sports cars on a new co-designed platform. Models subsequently produced during the next decade included the Mitsubishi Mirage/Eagle Summit, the Mitsubishi Galant, the Dodge Avenger/Chrysler Sebring, and the Dodge Stratus.[4]

Taken from http://www.answers.com/topic/diamond-star-motors with other links to other reference pages having the same info.

Mitsu car, built in Normal, Ill. at the DSM/MMA plant during the DSM "blanket", equipped with a 4G63, and running a Mitsu. tranny...........If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck............must be.

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back