The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

The Record Falls!!! 9.55 @ 144.5 Mph!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMS

Probationary Member
Jan 11, 2003
Last night ScottR126 (Scott Priebe) of AMS Performance Broke the standing Automatic DSM record in his 1997 Eagle Talon TSI AWD with a 9.55 @ 144.5 MPH!!! ALL BOOST!!! NO N2O!!!

What is more staggering about this accomplishment is that scott's car is a street car that is driven to work very frequently and weighs in at (weighed last night) an astonishing 3000 lbs!

The AMS Driveline and IPT built automatic Trans and converter have been working flawlessly all season. With so many variables involved its nice to rely on quality parts.

This isnt all Scott has either. Last night he had an issue all night with his COP not connecting right and misfirining. In fact on the last run you can clearly hear the car was breaking up all the way down the track. When we got it home Scott noticed the cause and quickly fixed it. So expect much more from this guy as he starts to take weight out and possibly add nitrous down the line

A big thanks go out to Scott's sponsors:

AMSperformance.com
IPT Transmission

Eric

We will post a vid up later, but it sucks.. the vid starts out good but when my cameraman tried zooming in at the end it blurred out, in any case I will post up the timeslip. I still cant believe the car went 9.55, we got to GLD at around 8pm and the wind was not giving up, the worst part was it was a direct head wind so I wasnt expecting to do as well as I did, I made 2 passes the first one was 10.0 at 142 with the ignition breaking up the entire way down the track. So after a quick plug change I got in line again and sure enough the car still broke up.. but not nearly as bad this time..and sure enough still managed 9.55 at 144.5mph. Needless to say the car still has alot left in it, I need to get a msd box and get my nitrous working and I will be good to go. And I weighed the car a few days ago and it came in at 3038 without the passenger and rear seats.. exactly as it was ran down the track.

Thank you to everyone for their support, especially EVERYONE at AMS and IPT.

Scott

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

sweet job!!! how much boost on the line? did you use nitrous for spool up? also how long did it take you to spool?

Lately I have doing alot of testing with anti lag and rev limiters and such, and I wasnt having any luck so I figured F-it.. ill just turn all that crap off and see what happends, so I did and sure enough the thing spooled at the line till I couldnt hold it with the brakes anymore.. I talked to some guys from AEM about it and they said that messing with anti lag is pointless for automatics because it kills torque, which is needed to spin a torque converter up at the line. And as for the N2O, I have it all set up in the car but I am having problems with having AEM control it, next time out it should be working though.

Scott

sweet job!!! how much boost on the line? did you use nitrous for spool up? also how long did it take you to spool?

is it taking a while to spool that turbo on the line? we only have a 61mm turbo and it takes a while... but once it does its at 22 psi and 1.5 60 foots spinning 4 24.5'' slicks. your still in 3rd gear the the end of the track? reving to? thanks for the info..

is it taking a while to spool that turbo on the line? we only have a 61mm turbo and it takes a while... but once it does its at 22 psi and 1.5 60 foots spinning 4 24.5'' slicks. your still in 3rd gear the the end of the track? reving to? thanks for the info..

It really isnt taking that long at all, at least not long enough to the point I worry about overheating my trans. I get to about 10-12lbs before It wants to break through the brakes. And yah on 24.5 tires I had to go in 4th at the end of the track which from experience I will tell u is a horrible idea, but with the 26" tires I went through in 3rd a couple hundred rpms lower then my rev limiter.

Scott

Tranny wont hold any power in 4th ah? what was your best mph/ET on 24.5'' tires?

Keep up the good work!!!

Best on the 24.5's was 9.66 at 142.. dont know if I could have done better, the track closed right after that.

Scott

Tranny wont hold any power in 4th ah? what was your best mph/ET on 24.5'' tires?

Keep up the good work!!!

LOL i can't watch the video due to iraq sucking major ass. damn military computers networks and there stupid restrictions.

anyways scott your wheel setup? 15" by ? wheel offset etc. and on a 26" hoosier?

Holy crap that thing was breakin up pretty good, cant wait to see a clean run - that thing is a beast!

^ No shit ! Yeah with it breaking up that bad you really have alot of room for improvment ...but it's still hauling ass with it breaking up like that

Thanks for sharing the video

Nice job Scott. What springs/suspension do you have on the car? I'm curious to the offset as well.

Damn congrats man. Wish I had a sponsor to help me. I'm still waiting on the machine shop to bring me my motor bleh. Makes that dyno video you recently posted that much better LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back