The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

How much MPH can we get out of an Auto?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottr126

15+ Year Contributor
May 24, 2003
CHICAGO, Illinois
What kind of MPH is possible with the DSM auto awd trans? I know I have gotten to 160 and that was just shifting into 4th at the end of the track, thats with 26" tall slicks. Ive been thinking about trying some mile races but im not sure what kind of speeds im limited to.

Has anyone gotten up to 200 or more with a stock DSM trans?

-Scott

I would get very worried about trans temps staying in it for much more than 1/4mi at your power level. That trans turns a lot of power into heat, and it can only be dissipated so quickly. I regularly see 340-350F converter outlet temps at the end of a pass.

Kevin

Yah heat is my next worry. I just wanted to see if it was even possible to go that fast. Ill most likely throw in a 5 speed if I want to try mile racing. BUT if im not gear limited maybe I could just get a radiator size trans cooler..LOL

What RPM are you taking your engine to?

According to the gear ratio's on vfaq with a 1g auto,
9000rpm in 4th would take you to 250mph on a 26" tall tire

I am not sure what you mean defiant. But I do see a 4g63 powered car going 250mph next year. Wether is be Scott, Mike Reichen in either of his cars, the Gaver Motorsports Galant VR4, or Nick Suttons 1G. I think the VR4 and the 1G have a legitimate chance next year.

I would only be worried about tranny heat in your case Scott. Other than that, the 200 is certainly not out of the question.

Yeah. Chance.
67388d1156407264-launch-pics-shuttle-copy.jpg

250 mph is a bit of an over statement if your talking about mile racing. For reference didnt Mike Reichen go 224 just this past week at the Texas Mile. And the current record is held at 241 mph by SW in his supra.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back