The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

The Official "What's this DSM worth?" Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ive got a 1999 eclipse rs turbo. Ive had this car since September of 2010. It needed a new flywheel, so i tore it apart to repalce. ended up doing the flywheel and timing belt while everything was apart. Finished putting it together in August of this year, cant get it to start. checked everything i can think of, even had some guys that know these cars look at it and still couldnt figure it out. Im getting tired of just replacing parts. Ive got too much money in it and just ready to give up. Let me know how much you think i could get out of it, and the best way (parting it out, or selling it whole) Here's whats all on it:

Garrett Gt3076r turbo
External wastegate
Greddy type rs
Gates kevlar racing belt
Saches stage 3 clutch
forged Eagle pistons and rods
Intercooler
just replaced front contol arms, tire rod ends
New cam sensor
new crank sensor
new fuel filter
spectre air filter
Motegi ff7 rims
VIS carbon fiber G-Speed hood
Eibach lowering springs
Custom 3" high flow exhaust
Apexi Super Airflow Converter
Kenwood stereo head unit
Infinity speakers
Tuner fx racing seats
new black carpet
new insulation
aftermarket gauges
shortshifter
new battery and battery box (relocated in trunk)
power locks and windows work
Body is in excellent condition, no rust
has 140,xxx miles on body
engine was recently rebuilt

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So let me know how much you think i could get, thanks

To answer your question, $2,500 to $3K. This thread is probably going to be locked though, because your not allowed to post stuff for sale. Since you listed it as a question of whether or not you should sell it you may be ok, but just a heads up...

Don't give up on the car, you'll just end up buying another one like all DSMr's do!

91 talon tsi fwd
140k+ miles
Timing belt/other belts done about 6k ago
Walbro 255lphhp pump
Fuel lab pressure regulator kit
Rc 650cc injectors
Dsm link v3
Maf translator
SBR race front mount intercooler
Greddy bov
Blouch evo 3 big 16g
Evo 3 exh manifold
3" turbo back
Fidanza 2.3 clutch kit
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
Jm fabrications sheet metal intake manifold
Paint is faded to he'll front bumper is a different color no sideskirts
And interior behind back seats is gutted

Is it worth 3k? Tuned at 15psi made 300/300
Compression is good, great leakdown test results, mechanically great car just cosmetically could use some work

alright i got a question for you guys, i am looking for a new car and need someone elses input on whether the car i am looking at is worth it or not. it is a 1997 eagle talon tsi awd with 113,000 miles on it, its has a 14b turbo. a fresh new top end rebuild at 108,000 miles.it needs a new ecu, windshield, and power steering pump. full 3 inch exhaust, new tires with kyb racing struts lowered with camber kit from les schwab, and an awd alignment. just seeing if it is worth my time and effort and the 3700 the guy wants for it.

The shell has 110,000 miles on it. There is no RUST on the car at all. There are a few minor dents on the doors, but nothing really all the noticeable.

Whats Included with car
Wheels and tires. Tires are brand-new
3 inch exhaust with mangaflow muffler
Rear brakes and rotors are brand-new alone with wheel bearings
4bolt rear end
Transmission has no 3rd GEAR. Transfer case is still good tho.
New battery
ams intercooler with piping
2g maf
starter

The bad
Car needs new Front axles.

Whats not included with car
Motor
Fuel pump
ecu

That's a lot of dough for a car that needs all sorts of work just to get it back into road worthy shape. If you want all that stuff then I would say only value those additional parts at about 30% and figure that on top of a car that's only worth $2,000 in the shape that it's probably in. The turbo could be worn out, the shocks could be bent... don't assume all those parts are in great shape. New ECU? Sounds like it needs a lot more work than is being told. I just scored a 2000 Honda Prelude that only has 110K on it and hardly needs any work. It's fast and will be in perfect shape with under $1K worth of parts that it needs. $3,700 is a lot of dough for a project car. I would find one that's been treated ok and then start adding on go-fast parts to it. I don't trust anyone to rebuild an engine for me anymore. :nono: I see too many people putting things back together in a big hurry just to drive it or sell it. Just my 2 pennies.

I am curious how much you guys and gals think my dsm is worth.

Its a 1992 plymouth laser rs awd turbo with 98k on it, completely stock besides front mount intercooler. and ive only done weigh reduction to the car itself.

5 speed manual transmission never boosted past 9psi and also never raced beleave it or not. no engine probs, all records found.

its a 92 gsx with 170k on the short block and 300 miles on a the top end it has a new timing belt bs belt and all the other belts are new it has a new clutch and the car has the 4 bolt lsd rear the body is in perfeat shape but the clear coat is peeling it has new toyo tires on 18 inch works wheels leather seats and the car puts down about 250 hp to the wheels so what should i ask for it?

You got pics? Also if its been maintained good dont let miles be a factor in price......its only the distance the car went.. not what its been though.

yeah im gonna ask around 3k for it since are are no awd 1g car in alabama

You can always go lower. You can't go higher. Start out at $3000 and go from there. I'd say you could get 2500 out of it if you're a good talker.

Its hard to say because as the seller you are going to want a little more than the buyer thinks its worth just remember that saying it has new tires/belts isnt much of a selling point. thats just maintenence stuff that wouldve needed to be done anyways. good luck with selling it though im sure its a nice car.

I think it will depend on who comes to buy it...

I just bought a 91 tsi and talked the guy down a ton because he didn't know "what was wrong with his car" when I drove it. I knew what was wrong with his car... But because he didn't, I beat him up on the price. (it was a clutch slave cylinder. the cylinder was leaking before we took it for a ride... I noticed while I was looking under the car for oil and coolant.)

I will tell you right now, guys who know these cars, are going to beat you up with the price. Things like timing belts and head gaskets and oil changes are important, but if you don't have receipts, guys like me aren't going to take your word for it. Doing a timing belt is usually the first thing I do when I get a new dsm anyway...

If you want to get 3000 out of it, I would price it at 3500 and reluctantly go to 3k... make it sound like you don't want to, but will to move the car.

Also, if you can hold off till tax return season... you will move the car a lot faster.

Good luck. Ask what you think you can get for it.

I bought a 98 tsi awd stock with about 85k miles on it for $2200 cdn, about a year and a half ago.

Seen a 92 tsi awd here sell for $100 because buddy blew the timing belt. So it depends on marketing and demand.

i have a fully built 2nd gen GST
i want to sell it
heres the details
[link deleted]

let me know what you think :thumb:

I think that you are incapable of reading the rules and predict another whiny thread in Site Feedback from you. What do I win?

I think that you are incapable of reading the rules and predict another whiny thread in Site Feedback from you. What do I win?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back