The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

The Official "What's this DSM worth?" Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a 90 talon tsi that i took and made n/a awd (7 bolt, 23 splined trans and transfer case, stock rear) i havent heard of anyone doing it so im wander if its even worth anything and ive heard that it wasnt possible

I have a 1992 Eclipse GSX, manual, 163k on dash, 10k on rebuilt motor and trans approximately 4 years ago, small 16g turbo, front mount intercooler, 650cc fuel injectors, walboro fuel pump, new rear stock control arms, cold air intake, 3 inch exhaust, was running and driving good, no check engine light on till the ignition coil pack went bad then also the Engine harness melted some of the wires, ignition coil pack was replaced but I can't find the engine harness anywhere yet so i'm thinking of selling it as is. body is maroon and in pretty good shape except one rust spot all the way through the body about 1 inch in diameter.

Any advice would be appreciated, or if anyone knows where to find a harness that would be great too I might decide to keep the car if i can fix it.

andreikali9 said:
i have a 1992 eclipse gsx, manual, 163k on dash, 10k on rebuilt motor and trans approximately 4 years ago, small 16g turbo, front mount intercooler, 650cc fuel injectors, walboro fuel pump, new rear stock control arms, cold air intake, 3 inch exhaust, was running and driving good, no check engine light on till the ignition coil pack went bad then also the engine harness melted some of the wires, ignition coil pack was replaced but i can't find the engine harness anywhere yet so i'm thinking of selling it as is. Body is maroon and in pretty good shape except one rust spot all the way through the body about 1 inch in diameter.

Any advice would be appreciated, or if anyone knows where to find a harness that would be great too i might decide to keep the car if i can fix it.

$1000

Over 7k invested in the car by the previous owner! Everything was done at a repair shop the specialized in cars like these and i have receipts for work done. around 300lbs of torque to the wheels.

andreikali9 said:
Over 7k invested in the car by the previous owner! Everything was done at a repair shop the specialized in cars like these and i have receipts for work done. around 300lbs of torque to the wheels.

All irrelevant.

id think 2000. maybe 2500.

Receips are pretty relevant for most people, all the work was done professionally, the car ran like a champ and sounded good.

not really... i dont see where he spent 7000 dollars on the car???

$1500 - a non running DSM just isnt worth crap, no matter how modded it is.
+ it sounds like a pretty basic setup.

Were you thinking we were going to tell you 4-5k?

andreikali9 said:
Receips are pretty relevant for most people, all the work was done professionally, the car ran like a champ and sounded good.

Yes, irrelevant. Money spent and modifications don't dictate a cars value. Only a few things matter: year, miles, model, options, and condition. With rare exception. A DSM is not one of them.

Yes, irrelevant. Money spent and modifications don't dictate a cars value. Only a few things matter: year, miles, model, options, and condition. With rare exception. A DSM is not one of them.

maintenance records are definitely nice though...

Whats the best thing to do in this case? Part it out, sell it as is or fix it? I love the car and I wanna keep it but im thinking its a 92 and i'm going to constantly put money into it, how much has your dsm cost you?

How much do you think I could sell my car for? It spun a bearing and I need to get rid of it because I have a child on the way and I dont think a car seat will fit in the back. The motor had around 300 miles on it before it took a crap, I think the person that built it did something wrong while building it. It was running great before the new motor went in. The interior is great and the paint is alright. There are picture in my gallery. Here is a list of what is all done to it.

MOD LIST:

6 bolt block
5 speed AWD
FMIC 2.5" pipeing
Tial 50mm BOV
polyurethane motor mounts
Brand new Borg Warner S362ETT
apexi turbo timer
Ported 2g exhaust manifold
ss o2 housing
3" ss turbo back exhaust
Huge oil cooler
wiseco forged pistons (8.3 C.R.) stock bore
Eagle h-beam rods
ARP main studs
ARP head studs
cometic headgasket
272 bc cams
ajustable cam gears
Fuel Injector Clinic 1200cc injectors
Prosport Evo wideband and boost gauge custom mounted in the dash
DSMLink v3
GM AIT sensor and Omnipower 4-bar sensor for Speed Density
2600 ACT pressure plate
ACT street disk
stainless steel clutch line
lightend flywheel
ARP flywheel bolts
coil over suspension
17" five spoke rims by sport max racing
indash DVD player

Would it be worth it to find a used motor and get it running and sell it for more? How much would it cost if it was running?

Thanks
Scott

So i have a 1997 Northstar white eclipse gsx. Non-leather and no sunroof. 64k original miles all stock on engine. What will people pay for this rare find?

I would list it for 9k and not take less than 8. Ever since I got rid of my DSMs I've occasionally looked for a stock low miles 2G to DD and that's roughly the price I've seen them listed for.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back