The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

tdo6h4 or tdo6sl2 using the tdo5h cover?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIfreek

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 14, 2003
cary, Illinois
What turbine would be the best using the tdo5h cover and a 20g wheel and a 8cm turbine housing? Im almost dead set on the sl2 as it will have more useable power and fit the tiny cover better with the 20g wheel? The tdo6h4 is a big wheel with a bigger shaft so my feeling is I wont get the performance im looking for it will be more lagy but may make more power.
My shift point will be around 8k and is a drag build. External gate off the 02.
Thanks for all your input as im just looking for the pros and cons of each wheel.

Your compressor wheel could care less what cover it's behind as long as the wheel fits the shroud. Of course there are limitations- most of which deal with the compressor inducer being larger than the inlet of the cover.

Choose a turbine that suits your power needs and is proven to perform when paired with whatever compressor wheel you're using.

Thanks Justin
I was a little confused with the tiny compressor cover.. Will eather wheel work better with that cover? Or is it just were I want my power band to be to choose what wheel to go with. Will the 6hr4 have any surging issues?

Im runnning exactly what you describe. Billet 20g wheel bolted to a 06h4 in an FP 8cm housing with stock compressor cover.... wastegate off the o2.

The top end is HUGE. But lag is definitely there. I get full boost (23 psi at the moment) at 4200 rpm. This is on a fresh 9:1 6 bolt motor with stock 1g cams and a small port 2g head and intake.

Im runnning exactly what you describe. Billet 20g wheel bolted to a 06h4 in an FP 8cm housing with stock compressor cover.... wastegate off the o2.

The top end is HUGE. But lag is definitely there. I get full boost (23 psi at the moment) at 4200 rpm. This is on a fresh 9:1 6 bolt motor with stock 1g cams and a small port 2g head and intake.

I have a cast 20g compressor mated to a td06h4 turbine in a 7cm housing. I hit full boost around 4000ish in higher gears with comp 272's, and a stock bottom end. What I have noticed is the boost recovery after shifting feels faster that a td05h 20g. Maybe the larger turbine takes longer to slow down, so it doesn't have to regain so many rpms on re spool.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back