The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Synchronic BOV (Knock off) SSAC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Priority DSM

Proven Member
Dec 16, 2014
Marysville, California
While the current group buy (February 2015) rolls on, I am patiently waiting it out to see where it goes. I know it's best to get the order in early but I am weighing my options....

Which brings me to the post title-

Browsing the industry favorite, SSAC, I noticed they have a Synchronic BOV. They have it titled as a "Mines" unit. It's only $100. (Pretty sure Mines doesn't know they made a Synchronic BOV ;) )

The Synapse Synchronic always intrigued me and I have read all the threads on DSMtuners about them and how they had a good start here in the DSM community. I have watched all the YT vids as well.

My question is- it seems that the Synchronic method has fallen off since the early years they were being touted around the 'net. Has anyone continued to use them?

I know China knockoffs are usually out of the question when it comes to tolerance parts but from what I read the Synapse version had questionable origins to begin with.

Could the SSAC "Mines" version just be the same exact unit that Synapse get imported?

Either way I might just pick it up. It's so cheap and it will fill my need to have a Synchronic without dropping $200+ on the "name brand". Wether I use it or not, or it becomes unreliable is almost a moot point. I want a Synchronic style. To me it's kind of artistic engineering.

Thoughts? Comments?

Long winded I know. I like to write long stories that usually could be written in two sentences. Welcome to my brain :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back