The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Suspension Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinola69

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 22, 2007
Yonkers, New_York
Finally got my 2g back on the road after some money issues and broken shifter linkage. Now I want to upgrade the handling first. I was planing on purchasing the Tockico set up for shocks and springs. Any other recommendations should I invest in sway bars, strut bars, camber kits? The car is not a daily driver but I enjoy taking her to the track and just driving her out onthe open road from time to time. So a good balance between comfort and handling would be ideal.

You shouldn't need a camber kit if you dont drop it too low. What kind of springs are you running? depending on their shape, investing in some new inner or outer tie rods makes getting an alignment less painful.

Tokico shocks are good but their springs may be too soft. IF you want to stick to a spring/strut combo than I would recommend Illumina's with H&R Springs or Eibachs as second choice. If you want to spend a little more than Koni yellows with H&R's/Eibachs and some new upper mounts if the stocks are blown. Check to see the condition of the rest of the suspension to see if anything needs replacing. You can start on small stuff like swaybar bushings aswell.

nothing on the car is blown at least suspensions wise . Just tired of the stock suspensiom. I really wanted to go with tein but also want to do work on other parts of the car so decided to spend a little less on the suspension. But definitely don't want to go cheap. Will go with koni if they are a better choice and I already scraped the idea of tokcio springs was going to go with the eibach pro lines. also was thinking about purchasing the ST sway bars.

Last edited:
Sort out your spring/shock combo first before considering sway bars. I think you should get sway bars once you feel the need for them on the track. Until then, take the parts you currently have to the max out on the track and then upgrade.

Yaeh was also looking into the poly bushings. Which you recommend I change first? Dont really want to purchase the master set and change every bushing in my car.

I have the tokico kit. Springs seem to be a little soft, but great for dd...

Koni/Ground Control is a great, fairly budget setup that also give you the ability to adjust height (coil over sleeves). This gives you a great shock & the ability to pick your spring rate, if you desire. This will run you around the 1K mark, if your looking for cheeper the Tokico Illumina/spring package is not a bad setup either. I ran it for about 5 years & never had any issues, it will run you around $500.

Thank you loving the suggests. I had kyb/ground control on my 1g great setup but not really looking to spend that much. And will not put that bushing on thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back