The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Recommendations for tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavy-D

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 7, 2004
New Haven, Connecticut
Looking for tires sized 235/45 R17 to fit on Evo8 wheels, I am wondering, based on your experiences which is a great choice that is also not too expensive and good for wet conditions.

I'm going to try BFG KDW-2's next time i think. IIRC they're around $165/corner

The advan's are a bit too expensive for my tastes as well. :D

Sumitomo htrz-II are only $85 on tirerack.com and they're some pretty good tires. But don't even try them in the snow. You end up riding on 4 snowballs. Tirerack has alot of descent prices. I'm sure you can find something there.

What I'm looking at now on tirerack is G-Force T/A KDWS for $121
Pirelli PZero Nero M&S $135
and Yokohama AVS dB S2 $144
also, the Kumho Ecsta ASX are on sale for $87, but im not too sure about them.
If any of you are using these tires or have used them, can I have some advice.

I just switched from Dunlop Sport A2s to the FUZION HRi. So far, they're noisier that the Dunlops on corners. They were about $15 a tire cheaper here, right at $100 each.

I recently went to Fuzions too, ZRi though, and can't be happier. They are loads better than the Kumho 712s I previously had, and cheaper depending where you go.

cait sith said:
Falken RT-615's

Hankook has a tire in direct competition with the new Falkens, I *think* it's the Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212. Very good tire, comparable to the old Falken Azenis Sports. There is also the K104, which has a harder rubber compound but is also good.

Another good performance option for Cheap are the new Dunlop Direzza DZ101s.

All right, this is probably my last question before I finally decide which tire.
The Falken Ziex ZE-512 came up as both high-performance and all-weather and for only $97, does anyone know if the tire is really that good, or just barley good enough to be called a performance tire?

Heavy-D said:
All right, this is probably my last question before I finally decide which tire.
The Falken Ziex ZE-512 came up as both high-performance and all-weather and for only $97, does anyone know if the tire is really that good, or just barley good enough to be called a performance tire?

You just answered your own question. If it's an all-season tire, usually it is not as good a performer as a dedicated high performance tire. All seasons tend to have a harder rubber compound (and higher treadwear rating) therefore they are not as sticky as dedicated ultra high performance tires.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back