The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Suspension help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g00s3y

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2005
East Brunswick, New_Jersey
I don't know how 1G's are, but on a 2G then rear is just a bunch of longer bolts and big fat washers. When you lower a car that much, the camber goes nuts and you will need both the adjustable camber kit and an alignment. Have fun buddy :) At least it's not too crappy outside.

well that blows, i jus got an alignment last saturday... well i can pick the camber kit up tomorrow, but for the alignment how long can i wait safely to get another alignment?

Ya it is like they say get the Alignment and new tires later. But I know at same shops you can pay a little more a get a lifetime Alignment and then they align your car for free when it needs Alignment.:dsm:

I lowered my car 1.75 and without a full alignment is ruined my tires in 300 miles so I had to buy 4 new since it was awd. Get the alignment asap. L8R

yeah im leaving the car at my parents house and my dad qwill be taking it for me one day while i am at work. Already got the front 2 installed now about to do the rear. Its going a lot smoother than i thought :thumb:

I hate to bring in the negative, but I have this same setup.. AGX's w/ Megan Lowering Springs.. I've had the setup for only 200 miles or so, and I plan on going with a different set of springs. You will definitly need a camber kit for the rear, and I recommend it for the front as well. The problem I have is these struts bottom out waay to easily with the extreme drop of the megan springs. If this is your daily driver, I highly recommend you use another set of springs. Any kind of imperfection in the road, and you are going to bottom out. I'm thankful I haven't hit a decent size pothole, I feel it would do some serious damage to the struts. Don't get me wrong, the car handles great, and looks sweet, I just don't want to destroy the struts. Let me know how yours work out, maybe my car is a bad example. Good luck.

Here's mine after the drop, I think it sits perfect.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Dave :talon:

well i just finished putting everything in. They are an extreme drop, but my car only bottoms out when im going quick over a BIG bump. Other than that the regular bumps and imperfections here (in the great state of jersey, with our GREAT roads) it rides nice and smooth.

i did the same with my galant gsx about a year ago but since thers a height and spring rate difference between galants and dsms the car droped 3 maybe even 4 inches (i went from fitting 2 fists in between the wheel well edge and the top of the tire, to the tire being tucked...) now at first i had some baaaaaaaaaaaaaad camber issues i was able to fix it buy adjusting the camber on the stock upper control arms. buuuuuuut if you car is 18 years old like mine was the bolt will probly have rusted itself solid in the bolt hole. i ended up cutting the old uppers out and buying new control arms bolts nuts and washers from the dealer and then i set it as positive s i could get it, i probly still had around neg 2 or 3 camber in the rear after i was done with that. but byt the looks of it IF your blots come lose on your control arms you might be able to just get it adjusted when you get and alignment. now i have three pics the first is the car with the stock springs the second is the car with gr2s and the megan springs but not having the camber fixed and the third is the car after i got the new arms and had it adjusted as far positive as i could. like i said if you notice how much i still did get it to come back positive on the camber after the new control arms from the dealer im sure that if you get the bolts loose on the orginal control arms that you can adjust it back to around +-0 or -1 or so.

Yeah well it is getting aligned Monday, once again, LOL. Rides beautifully though. A lil rougher than stock, but a lot smoother, and with the drop it looks beautiful :thumb:

i miss my car being slammed and having it be so stiff and kinda have the coilover bouncy effect :(

I think lowering a car, makes it look ten times better.

I agree, and with this combo, like twinky said, it looks perfect. But if after doing all the adjustments and all, if it still bottoms out a lot i may have to switch to tein's. I drove from my house to my 2 jobs today just to see what it feels like and it bottomed out a couple times. I like my car and would like it to last as long as it can. So after alignment and new strut bellows if it still bottoms out more than a few times i'll be selling the megan springs and getting teins.

I was going to buy some Megan racing springs but I dont know now. But my friend have coilover springs and his car drives really good.:dsm:

Well i got the strut bellows in the front now and it rides like a dream. No more bottoming out or anything of that sort. I love this combination, and it looks purty, LOL.

LOL will do tom will do, maybe if it is nice this weekend i can wash it and make it look purty LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back