The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

stock clutch specs

Please Support Morrison Fabrication

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If I recall the stock specs I know to the wheels are about 200 ish give or take a few, so from that perhapes to the crank should be about 250 ish.

stock clutch can handle around 300 WHP, but the stock 1600 PP wont take you too far, nore last too long. we had a 97 GST lay down 307 WHP on a stock clutch and it lasted roughly 5k miles, and that was a brand new clutch barely raced on.

safely, i say the stock clutch/PP/disk combo can maybe do 250whp, and thats pushing it.

Basically the stock clutch is there just to last for a few thousands miles to get a better stage clutch? That is what I am going to assume.

yeah pretty much, the clutch was slipping and since its in the shop for a rear main seal thats leaking i decided to change the clutch as well since its the same labor, and i figured it was time to go bigger. I saw the old clutch today and its pretty much completely shot, im surprised i was still able to drive it actually so either way it was gonna need to be changed any day now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back