The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

STM 2G White GSX Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4G63 girl

Supporting Vendor
Apr 22, 2006
Rochester, New_York
This is a local customer's car we have been pondering on, and he's looking for a street-driven, reliable, 600 HP DSM... not really asking for much. :)

So, the idea here is to get as much out of that 600 whp as possible: Shed the weight.

Here's a picture of when she was all normal and clean:
eddie_gsx1.jpg

It's a 98 GSX and it's got a bit of the good 'ol NY rust. Best solution: Cut it off!! :hellyeah:

eddie_gsx2.jpg

eddie_gsx3.jpg

eddie_gsx4.jpg

eddie_gsx5.jpg

On to the interior. If it doesn't DO anything... it's gotta go! We are still keeping appearances up however, and it will be a fully functional interior. I'm not going to let out all the secrets, but they went to town!

eddie_gsx6.jpg

eddie_gsx7.jpg

Now for the cool stuff. This GSX will be following with the elite STM crew running a forward-facing turbo set-up, a bit different than our off the shelf manifold, however. We will have pictures of that soon.

The polished Avid mounts are suspending a Buschur 2.0 built block, and STM Stage 1 head. Up front is an original STM intercooler with a Garrett core and half-sized Koyo radiator.

We've just finished up the custom front end and now starting to piece this puzzle together. Our goal is to have this at the Shootout in a few weeks, so updates will be rolling in quite frequently. We would like to get the car to the paint shop before then, but we will see what time has allotted for us.

Stay tuned and enjoy the build!

eddie_gsx8.jpg

eddie_gsx9.jpg

eddie_gsx10.jpg

eddie_gsx11.jpg

eddie_gsx12.jpg

looks awesome!!!! I hope to be at the shootout to see this. I like how you have the half sized radiator laying down long ways as oppose to being offset. I also like like front tube for the torque mount and rad support. I wish someone would make that as a kit for 1g/ 2g owners to shave more weight... HINT HINT!!!. Yes I know there are freelancers on tuners that make tubular front bars to eliminate the north south bars but I like how this actually goes into the frame rails and looks like it shaves off even more weight.

P.S. What ever happened to the updates on the red small tubro e85 1g???

Damn.... I'd buy the kit but it would have to be A/C friendly, these hot days would kill me. Sooner or later the GSX would be a weekend car.

Thanks guys. I can't wait to see this car finished either!! It's going to be drop dead gorgeous! The red 1g... well, you remember that SUPER clean white 1g shell STM had gutted and ready. It was gifted to a friend in need... someone with a red 1g. More on that later though.

Like I said, we want this car ready for the shootout, so you'll get a load of pictures every other day!

When this car is done, I hope to take so many pictures you are sick of looking at it!! I have a very weak heart for white 2g's.

Being from another country. I am just curious on if this will be a track dedicated car, daily or something in between.

I would have loved to do this when I cut my Ontario rust off but I went with square stock to help with any front impacts. I would love to do this to my car tho.

He does plan to run this car on the street. It should be quite the "normal" car. Tomorrow the interior should be all finished up, wires tucked and clean. I'll have more pictures tomorrow

Do yall offer the tubed front in like this 2g has? or is this all a one off build? Im just saying that it would b nie for a vendor to offer something like this for us welderless members LOL

This would likely only be something to do in-house at STM. You have to (obviously) cut the frame, and let's just say a customer cuts incorrectly and things don't bolt up right... It would be a disaster waiting to happen. Not worth it from a vendor perspective. But we are more than willing to take in big builds like this and put some more sick DSM's loose on the streets!

I'm headed out to take some more pictures now... the turbo is hanging in it's place :)

The PTE 6262 is strung up into place and the first manifold runners are started.

eddie_gsx13.jpg

eddie_gsx14.jpg

eddie_gsx15.jpg

eddie_gsx16.jpg

eddie_gsx17.jpg

eddie_gsx18.jpg

eddie_gsx19.jpg

eddie_gsx20.jpg

eddie_gsx21.jpg

Flex-A-Lite fan is mounted, above, ready to move some air.

AEM Digital gauges are installed in the gauge cluster along with the Sparco Lap 5 steering wheel. Most of the wiring is finished and the full black leather interior will be detailed and flawless soon enough. :thumb: (Yeah, I'm jealous too.)

eddie_gsx22.jpg

Brand new VIS "Extreme GT" carbon fiber hood.

eddie_gsx23.jpg

You can see just inside the driver side fog light the compressor cover. A 4" hole just under the headlight should allow that bad boy to breathe.

eddie_gsx24.jpg

Looks awesome. Any idea on what the total cost to the customer will be? (you don't have to answer that, I won't be upset :)

That tubular looks like it might be very tricky to unbolt. Maybe very tricky to unbolt and finish the welds, though it looks rather tasty to me!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back