The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

STM 2G White GSX Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makes me want a 2g now.. just curious as to why you guys don't build your own motors?? I know buschur is well known but so are you guys.

Quick RFI on the radiator setup: What size radiator is that - is it the same as the 1/2 sized radiators that we see on the market? What do you expect as far as its cooling capabilities and the fact that this is a street car that might make a trip in the hot summer?

eddie_gsx26_1.jpg

eddie_gsx27.jpg

eddie_gsx28.jpg

eddie_gsx29.jpg

eddie_gsx30.jpg

eddie_gsx31.jpg

eddie_gsx32.jpg

I'll answer the best I can here, guys. I generally just take pictures. :)

Until we have an entire machine shop in our back room at our disposal, we aren't doing motors. Perfection is the name of the game. There are many things we can still grow into. Just takes time.

The Koyo is the half sized radiator, but we modify it to suit our needs. As far as the capabilities, we haven't had any issues with our cars or customer cars getting hot. Sure, it's smaller, but that also means less fluid to cool.

The turbo is a PTE6262 and we went with the 4 bolt... because it was available. We don't have time to wait around.

Tomorrow we should see some welds in place, but it's coming along nicely!

Please what ever you do don't stop building cars like these. I will see you guys in 1.75years with my car on your door step. I will prefer same people that did the builds and fabrications. :). And please don't get too big with your heads. i know you guys will continue to grow. But make sure quality of the works goes with it too (these days thats what dsm shops are lack of). Good luck and stay real...

Thanks! That means a lot. That's what we pride our shop on, being "normal" people, loving what we do... and being GOOD at it! :) Every evening I say goodnight to 15-20 evo's and dsm's. And get to stalk them all day with a camera. Could it get much better?

Ill come work for food!!! ( and small bits of money). Its cold in ny but maybe we could strike a deal. I go to sleep dreaming of saying goodnight to 15-20 dsms and evos.

Great work STM the car looks great so far:thumb:. One suggestion, I would have used -16 on the radiator lines and fittings, -16 male fittings matches perfect with the water neck and water pipe.

4G63 girl;bt14913 said:
He does plan to run this car on the street. It should be quite the "normal" car. Tomorrow the interior should be all finished up, wires tucked and clean. I'll have more pictures tomorrow

Lookin' good chick! I love the custom front bar, can't wait to see it done, will be very sexy cruising NY. :thumb: Love STM by the way, rocking the EGR Block-plate, Mani studs and Viton valve seals.

Are you guys planning on running the car on the streets without a filter for the turbo intake? It looks better without one, but get behind that one truck that drops a rock that bounces right into the turbo and :ohdamn:

They are taking everything apart now so the engine bay can be painted. Sorry, I missed all day wednesday (bought a 2g!!!! LOL but when she's back out of the paint shop... there will be a serious amount of pictures coming!

I did get to snap some pictures before they took it to get painted... There's a lot of love in this car. Wait till you see them!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back