The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

so i have this bet going on with my cousin...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxferko

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 9, 2010
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
i am about to begin a (for the most part) ground up 2g awd build, with a 6 bolt motor...

im looking to get the best performance yet, still be able to daily drive it...

heres the story... my cousin owns a 2010 2SS camaro, that is supercharged, and sits at about 520whp, he stopped over the other day and just kept busting me on my car, and what im planning on doing...

hes never taken it to the strip, and ive only been to the strip once or twice, so the bet stands that i cant make my talon faster than his car, and still daily driveable, so im looking to get your guys opinions about this, and also throw some ideas of how you would go about this build... ive built a few cars before, but this is my first DSM full build.

THANKS! cant wait to hear what you guys have to say!:hellyeah:

Go to members on the top bar^^^-- click on 1/4 mile times- click on the 11 sec club--- look at there mods list. Its gonna take some money and time but you can stomp that SS while staying street legal.

I would race him my nt 2g with 218k on it and still win. You know how? Ill run right the f into the side of his pretty brand new ss. And when he stops and starts crying ill be winning. PWN.

what can a stock trans hold? am i going to need a built one?

I would race him my nt 2g with 218k on it and still win. You know how? Ill run right the f into the side of his pretty brand new ss. And when he stops and starts crying ill be winning. PWN.

This made me laugh.

the stock trans can hold a lot of hp, its launching that hurts it the most. I have a 2g tsi awd with a 6 bolt swap and I love it.the thing about awd is no matter how hard he tries your 4 wheel pull off that line will make him crap a brick. he will be so scared of loosing that bet, esp to a 4 cyl, the look on his face will be priceless. how did he run when he went to the track??

well his car weighs a ton, and it breaks lose hard core, so im hoping my being lighter, and now slipping at all will give me a huge advantage

hes never taken it to the track, and he said hes going to go with stock tires and wheels... he just thinks his car is the most amazing thing in the world... LOL

well his car weighs a ton, and it breaks lose hard core, so im hoping my being lighter, and now slipping at all will give me a huge advantage

hes never taken it to the track, and he said hes going to go with stock tires and wheels... he just thinks his car is the most amazing thing in the world... LOL

A supercharged 2010 SS surely is a fair amount more baller than your run-of-the-mill 2G

Also, it depends what he is defining faster as. Is it a ET or MPH?

well he has never ran it at the track... and im not saying its slow by any means, just saying its not the fastest thing ever

Is he guessing on the HP or does he have a dyno to back it up? There is a company called ADM performance here in Lewisville Tx that is building these 2010's to 600-1000 rwhp. They come at a price though. If you have a little money to spend and you can drive, you shouldn't have a problem getting to the 500whp mark.

Looking at ADM's website, the "base" supercharger package is 11K before taxes, and nets about 570rwhp.

ADMPerformance.com :: ADM Performance :: Tuning into the Future

Or you can get crazy at 50 grand!
http://www.admperformance.com/products.php?department=35&category=74&product=183

he said he will run stock tires/wheels... and yes, it was dyno'd at 519 whp

typical stupid ass chevy owner thinking he owns the planet...Theres a guy around here who has a new SS, and ive stomped him on the highway many a time...he hates my car, simply cause he cant beat it, and cant rag on me to his buddies. If you build the talon to say 500, 550AWHP...youll stomp the holy hell of that stupid little camaro, and look better doing it!

Dude, honestly you will kick his ass so damn hard he will think he was butt raped.

Honestly, every muscle guy I know comes around and is like, "Oh yeah my 09 Corvette is fast as hell"....No ####ing duh it's fast! It cost 60k and has an engine bigger than sin. But for $5,000 or less, I can rip up your worthless POS Corvette by miles.

You know what I mean? When it all boils down to it, you'll spend some money, not really a big amount, but at the end, you will be able to say "I whooped your brand new 2010 supercharged Camaro with a 4 Cylinder and I can still drive it in the street". The best part? It cost you not even an 1/8 of the Camaro's price.

Those camaros are bulky, heavy as sin, and just plain crap IMO. The RWD is just garbage also. I drove an '10 SS Camaro that a buddy of mine owned. Handles like crap and honestly, it does not feel anywhere close to 500hp. I feel my buddy's R33 w/ a RB26DET pulls harder than it. Those big engines every dude swears he can beat you with, are just cover-up for small peckers.. Haha. :hellyeah:

the bet is $1000... and he said he will used stock tires and everything... im hoping with about 450whp i should take him... dont know yet, its hard, being that he never ran the track, because i dont know what time i have to beat

well, after your build...you'll be $1000 richer :) If it were me making the bet, id make him put a sticker in the back window of that camaro that says "Camaro's suck...period!"

Now that would be awesome!

I'd rather drive a beat up, barely idling DSM than a stock 2010 Camaro daily. They are the new Civics. Flashy paint jobs, ugly as sin, outdated BMW looking headlights, etc.

That's all I have to add, I'm not interested in bench racing.

He sealed his fate when he said he would use stock rims and tires.LOL There's no way he will be able to hook it up out of the hole.:tease: If he ain't running drag radials he ain't gonna hook.... PERIOD. I've heard the same shit over and over time and time again. My boss at my work honestly thinks his 2002 Corvette and his BMW 550i can spank my Talon even though they are both 13 second cars and I consistantly run low 12's.:sneaky: I usually get comments from him like "I'd suck that thing (my car) up my tailpipe."(which makes no sense at all/typical V8 owner jibberish" I just can't convince him to come to the track for an ass whoppin.:toobad: Anyway the moral of the story is AWD with a little less power can usually prevail over more power with no traction.;)Now build that 2g and go out and whip his V8 ass:hellyeah:

well i wanna go as all out as i can... im working with a stock 6 bolt, and about 5-6k... so far what i have is... fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600, ARP head studs, and full 3 inch exhaust ( thermal R&D cat back...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back