The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Should I go with Bigger Injectors and bigger Fuel Pump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moliver

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 22, 2004
Jefferson City, Missouri
My current mods.

Stock Block and Crank
9:0:1 CP Forged Pistons
Forged H Beam Eagle Rods
ACT 2600 Flywheel
Fidenza Lightweight Flywheel
Entire Engine has been Balanced
Massivly Ported 1g Head
272/264 HKS Cams
AEM Adjustable Cam Gears
AEM Fuel Managment System
MDS DIS-2 Ignition
Slowboy Racing FMIC
GT35-R Ported Turbo (internal gate)
AEM FPR
Walboro 255lp High Pressure Fuel Pump
950 CC Injectors
Dejontool Intake
Coming Soon (Venom Intake Manifold)
Coming Soon (NX around a 75 shot)

I would go with a full aremotive kit with braided pressure and return lines.

Check the duty cycle on your injectors when you are at full boost.

No, I don't think you will need bigger.

moliver said:
Off topic question for you if you don't mind. How long does it take for your AEM to bleed down to 0 after you shut off the car? Mine goes to 0 immediately and I think it's a defective fpr because I have check every where for leaks including the o-ring at the pump and I found nothing. AEM tech support told me that is normal but I don't buy it, would be great if you can give me some feedback on that. Thanks.

OLDMAN - Do you have a problem restarting the car after it sits? I dont know about AEM but no fuel pressure regulator is supposed to bleed off. It has to hold some pressure so when you go to start the car, the system has some kind of pressure. I call a faulty FPR in ur case.

MXD said:
OLDMAN - Do you have a problem restarting the car after it sits? I dont know about AEM but no fuel pressure regulator is supposed to bleed off. It has to hold some pressure so when you go to start the car, the system has some kind of pressure. I call a faulty FPR in ur case.
It takes about 7 cranks if I let it sit over night. I too suspect the fpr after I check the system for leaks and I had a feeling that the AEM "engineer" didn't care enough to dig a little deeper. I'm probably going to buy an Aeromotive unit and be done with. Thanks for the reply.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back