The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

bigger injectors, means new pump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91-gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
San Jose, California
hi you guys, i just bought a set of 750cc injectors made by RC and i was wondering if i had to buy and aftermarket pump, or could i just use my stock one for the time being?
thanks

well this is a vague question what turbo do you have in ur car. Lets put it this way no matter how much your injectors can flow. If the fuel pump cant push enough fuel they are useless. A walbro fuel pump is $100 if that is too much for you AT LEAST hardwire it for the time being.

You will NEED a new pump. My car had HUGE launching problems once I upgraded the injectors and would get crazy misfires until the pump was replaced as well. Do it right or don't do it.

91-gsx said:
hi you guys, i just bought a set of 750cc injectors made by RC and i was wondering if i had to buy and aftermarket pump, or could i just use my stock one for the time being?
thanks
Is your profile complete? If not complete it. If so, you're not ready for the 750cc injectors, put them in your closet until you're ready. Follow the tuning guide as to what should be your next mod.

You will need a Walbro 190lph AT LEAST, with something to tune the fueling with.

these are the mods i have:
maf blow-thru, translator set for 430cc inj so that i run richer and i do not get as much knock.
n1 2 1/2 to 3 in. downpipe to 2 1/2 in piping into stock muffler. not cat
pacesetter manifold.
intake.
ngkbpr6es plugs
accel plugs
stock 14b
logger

so i really do not need that big of injectors, but i bought them so that i can run a bigger turbo soon.

and i am planning to get a dsmchip as soon as my injectors come in the mail.

Dude. You have the MAFT set for lower than stock injectors to make the already pig rich beast richer. Stock at WOT it's like 9.3:1 which is way rich. Try putting you CAS at like 3* and put your MAFT to a tad higher than stock setting. You might be surprised at how much power you'll gain and still not knock.

i already know this thing runs rich, but when i set the maft to the stock injectors it would knock becuase i am running leaner due to the increase airflow, and i mean you can feel how much more this thing was breathing with the maft setup. so when i turned it down to 430cc injectors it only knock like 2 or 3 times as opposed to 17 to 18. anyway though the question at hand is that do i require a fuel pump and if i do i want to get the walbro 255 and do you guys recommend which fpr to get, i see there is a special on the front from import evolution for a IE FPR Kit for $195.99. is this a good deal or can i find beter.
thanks

does anybody recommend that kit?
thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back