1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

shortblock coolant line

Posted by KeelesKustome, Dec 27, 2010

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. KeelesKustome

KeelesKustome Proven Member

Joined Dec 29, 2007
    Waverly, Tennessee
    hey guys i am swapping a 1g into my 98 2g car,
    the 2g block has a banjo fitting and what looks like a coolant line fitting on it. on the front right under the coolant bar that goes across, but my 1g does not seem to have a place for this... it's been 3 years since i blew it up so i don't remeber anything and need some help.

I am thinking it was a shortcut to send coolant to my turbo... possibly. but now how would i do so? since my 1g block does not have a place for it?

2. 1badpurple

1badpurple Proven Member

Joined Jul 15, 2010
    lillian, Alabama
    On mine the coolant comes off the thermostat housing.

3. KeelesKustome

KeelesKustome Proven Member

Joined Dec 29, 2007
    Waverly, Tennessee
    thanx for the direction to be looking, I'll check into that tonight