The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Shift Rails

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hickory-NC-2Ggsx

Supporting VIP
Dec 27, 2018
Lincolnton, North_Carolina
Hey everyone, I hope December is treating everyone well! So i broke the shift rail for 3-4 shift fork down by the selector. I was curious if theres a upgrade for the shift rails in a 2g. I know the evo rails are better but i also read a thread saying that there is no more available. I was able to tear a spare parts trans down and take the rail and replace it. But i plan on building a transmission in a few months and was wanting to know if theres a upgrade for the rails because i know there is for the forks.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

@bastarddsm yeah man that would be somthing id totally be okay with waiting for if its going to be awhile. Have you already made some for your self?

@madmax4 The 92 shift rail is supposed to be better. But ive still seen threads where people break them just as easy. Im trying to find everything i can to put into this other trans so i have less of a chance of breaking it. ROFL

@Hickory-NC-2Ggsx haha damn well I guess it’s good your building your transmission yourself then. Is this your fist time doing mods to your transmission? I’m a little intimidated by how much goes into doing it, but it seems like a must if you want to keep shooting for higher power numbers and lower time slips for as cheap as you can.

Yeah it was the first time i tore a 2g transmission down. Well i tore 2 down at the same time. But it wasnt that bad once you get into it. Just keep everything together and in order. The only thing i didnt do was reshim it bc all i changed was the shift rail.
But i like to rebuild my own stuff because then i know what was done and how it was done. And if it breaks then im not waiting on someone else to fix it. Next i gotta see what goes into rebuilding the t case. Haha

so not to dig this out of the graveyard or anything, but can I ask how did you end up fixing this, or what replacement part did you find? because I am literally having the exact same issue , ( thinking about making the broken animal cracker shaped piece of metal turned into a keyring or something)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back