The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

runs like crap but still biulds 14lbs of boost.. help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow001dsm

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 26, 2009
las vegas, Nevada
I will get straight to the point i have a 94 gs that i have converted to the 4g63t will all stock internals, its has a stock 14b, 255lph pump. it starts up stong and idles good for about 30 sec then drops violently as if is going to stall but it stays on barely for about 6 revolutions after is bogs. but if you drive it and get the rpms up above 3 its build boost like normal but a @#$% ton of white smoke comes out, theres no coolant in the oil and no oil in the coolant. its looking oil on the drivers side( i thought it was the head gasket so i replaced it and still to no avail). any ideas on this? any help would be greatly appreiciated.

Sounds like you are running rich, but that does not explain the white smoke. If you have a 255lph fuel pump, you definitely need an Adjustable fuel pressure regulator as you are overrunning the stock FPR.

i have an fpr, i will put it on here in a bit and see how that goes. any thoughts on the white smoke our the oil leak?

i put the fpr on it reads 20 with a little flux. shouldnt it read 40 at least?

1g's BASE fuel pressure should be 37.5psi with the vaccuum line disconnected and plugged. With the vaccuum line connected your fuel pressure will drop, so you want to set the base fuel pressure to 37.5 psi with the vaccuum line unhooked from the FPR and then blocked off, you can use your finger even.

ok im gonna set it now and let you all know if it schanges anything

fpr is set and heres a link to a vid of it runing. tell me what you guys think.

fpr is set and heres a link to a vid of it runing. tell me what you guys think.YouTube - 1g eclipse problems

asny help at all would be great.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back