The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Running Rich/No Power Any Help Is Nice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcus28504

Proven Member
Dec 4, 2014
Woodinville, Washington
I have an 1996 Eagle Talon Tsi

Mods are
ECM link V3
3.5in Turbo back with a high-flow cat
TD05 Big16G turbo
Manual Boost Controller
MSD Sparkplug wires
VRSF FMIC
Greddy Type S BOV
MTX wideband
AEM boost gauge
K&N Short Ram air intake
780cc injectors
Walbro 255
Bocsh High Output Alternator
Aeromotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

Runs beautiful but no boost, Boost Gauge shows that im getting boost and i finally feel it at 5k rpm
the car use to put me back in the seat and spin the wheels

My Wideband Shows that im running at 10.1 When i hit 3k rpm which it use to be around 12-13 ish
Fuel Pressure Is good
Spark Is Good
Wastegate is Good
Thottlebody is Good
Compression is Good
Turbo is Mint

I have tried to run several boost leak tests and I couldn't locate any boost leaks accept a very tiny one on the bov adjustment screw

This all just recently happened and there has been no change in the Car Tune at all.
I Can hear a slight howling when i drive also seems to be rpm based where its more prominent under 4k rpm
seems to be located under the throttle body Throttle body is rebuilt and has no leaks Biss Is Set
vacuum at idle is 18-22 Idle is set at 900

Any Ideas?

Yes. I would look there, but I still would lean towards a boost leak based on your symptoms. Are you testing it after the car has been warmed up? Did you use soapy water to find smaller leaks? Some of the pesky ones are the tb seals (which you said was rebuilt) and the fuel injector seals.

Would a vacuum leak cause a no boost scenario?
I idle perfect and have great vacuum

Fuel Injectors Arent Leaking, Flapper Is Secured and has A Half of a hole of PreTension On The FlapperArm
And Wouldnt it have to be a major boost leak?
Also Im fouling plugs like everyweek.
Im guessing a boostleak is making me ecu overcompensate

I can only here it when the cars moving, It might be an unrelated noise possibly a tire or brake Caliper or something

What I meant was the fuel injector seals (lower)......They would leak air under boost, not fuel. You are fouling plugs because your running rich. Even new seals can leak. I am still suggesting a better blt with soapy water after the car has warmed up.

I have Reset The Ecu And The Fuel Trims, I cant Locate any hose that isnt operating the way it should be

i have drenched every cranny with soapy foamy water and only got a leak at the BOV adjustment screw

I feel that the Leak Is Big enough that its not going to whistle and be hard to find

Yeah the turbo is getting oil and it has no play at all. spins like a top

im sure its a boost leak or Air related problem

Pull the waste gate and inspect. If its not sealing it will allow exhaust to flow by and not build boost till high rpms. You will also run rich.

I have The Wastegate is perfectly Functioning. I have put 16lbs Of Air through a vacuum hose and watched it open and close

Do you have an awd tsi, if so check your transfer case fluid level. I'm talking about your howling noise, it's more of a growl but these terms are subjective. I'm just looking out cause mine ran low, it didn't lock up but they have been known to. Anyway has for not being able to build boost have you checked for pre turbine exhaust leaks? Is the waste gate being blown open, hanging open or damaged?

The wastegate is in perfect working condition , there is a Manifold Leak but it had always leaked.

I think you should open the exhaust to where you can see the flapper for the waste gate I've seen those move to the side causing a leak and making the turbo spool less. Makes u run rich .

I have had the turbo completely off and the 02 housing and tested the flapper using an air compressor outside of the car
i know the turbo and the flapper are working.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back