The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

rota grid vs enkei rpf1

Which wheels?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tin_tin13

Proven Member
Mar 24, 2013
brookings, Oregon
Has the title says im debating between these two wheels blue rota grids 18x10+15 offset or blue enkei rpf1 18x10.5+15 offset wrapped on Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs 265/35 sitting on stock height with kw v3 coliovers. Would like your guys opinion which would look better on a white 2bg spyder, also if someone could photoshop them that would be great:thumb: Other than the $500 price differences im sure the enkei are lighter.

Attachments

• ENK-RPF1-BLU.jpg
    ENK-RPF1-BLU.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,112
  • IMG_4297-L.jpg
    IMG_4297-L.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 269
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,088
  • si_izzy.jpg
    si_izzy.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,077
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,093
I don't know what it is about rpf1s but I think they look perfect on 2Gs

If you are running that kind of width and offset and going with those coilovers, why go with Rotas? If you aren't tracking your car, that setup will look goofy as hell. So given that you will likely track the car, go with the rpf1s, as they are actually light and would be better for what you are wanting. You are already buying the best suspension you can buy for this car, why not spend more for better wheels?

I think the Rota's look better than the rpf1s. If you can spring the extra 2700 dollars go get the volk te71s

RPF1's alllll day.. I like the concept too..

Last edited:
rpf1's, but in a regular non sideways hat bro color.

Just to add I'm building the car around road racing/weekend car there's a lot of twisty roads around her so I wan't it to perform very well on the streets, so lighter is always better. I know the wheels are going to poke out so I have carbon fiber fenders on the list to add also Wilwood Forged Super Lite (FSL) 4 piston calipers 13 x 1.10" directional cast rotors.

I'm leaning more toward the enkei(lighter) probably get them in bronze or gold since everyone here has black wheels. That's why I suggested the blue since its different.

Pick what you like. If every car on here had the same color rpf1's what fun would that be.

10.5 +15 offset? Uhhh, that's not going to fit on a stock body. At all.

Edit: Unless you're trying to look like this:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Definitely go with the RPF1's, those things literally look like they were made for our cars. Their light weight design doesn't hurt either!

That offset is LOW for a car with FWD fitment. 20mm more poke than Evo Wheels in offset alone, then the additional 2.5" in width? Is this actually for a 240? ;)

I forgot to actually pick a brand in my fitment rant. ABR...

...anything but Rotas.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back