The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

[RESOLVED] Headlight cover adjustment? 1ga

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
Alright, so I got tired of a "mod" consisting of hood pins on a stock hood (thanks 2 owners ago), and replaced my hood and headlight covers.

At first, it appeared that all the clearances around the edges of botht the covers and the hood were fine. I've since used the headlights in popped-up mode and now the driver's side cover seems to sit 1/4" lower than it did.

:coy:

WTF am I not seeing? Do I need to simply refit the cover?

Yes, I did search, and I am ashamed to be asking this.

check the 2 nuts at the back of the assembly holding it all to the car, mine had come loose and shifted after basically doing what you did, change assembly, looked good, popped the lights and now wont line up

Excellent. I'll do it as soon as I get home.

I'm assuming you mean that popping the up moved it down 1/4"?

try and refit it. If you un aware there are 4 8mm bolts that adjust this, you have to remove all the plastic garbage around the lights to get to them.

Does it have anyscuffs on the paint?

Once you get them adjusted, operate them with the "red knob" and check for binding..

Yeah, I got at the 4 bolts when I swapped the covers. ;)

As for the clarification, the cover on the driver's side is mis-aligned when the headlight is down. This happened after the headlights were used in the up position.;

Can you clarify the question about "scuffs"? Thanks!

Height issue.

Gotcha, no indication (noise, scuff, etc) of binding.

ya, I'd say re-adjust em and operate them by hand with the red knob. That will show you where the problem lies. I haven't had this hapen on mine, after two differn't set of popups, and a front end collision.

First, this hood just went on, came off a donor car that sat for a LONG time, and I haven't had a chance to wash the new hood and covers...

Second, I'm just not happy with my HTC6700's camera phone...

That said, pics are in this order:
1. Drivers cover
2. Pass cover
3. Both up (obviously)

Just for clarification. I'll "red know" them (God, that sounds dirty) when I get a min at home with them up, as well as reseat the covers.

Attachments

• IMAGE_010.jpg
    IMAGE_010.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMAGE_012.jpg
    IMAGE_012.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMAGE_015.jpg
    IMAGE_015.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 143
AH-HA! If you can get it to line up but twisting the red knob it its the turnbuckle. you need to lengthen the rod / turnbuckle thingy that connects the motor to the pop up. Thats your trouble I suspect. Check the the mount to see if it is tweaked.

Otherwise adjust it with the 4 bolts and operate it by hand, to check for binding.

10-4

If the gubbenment didn't look down on working on cars on their clock and in their parking lot, I'd go play with this now. ;)

Well, found the issue and corrected it. The left-rear bolt holding the cover on had sheared (go figure..on a DSM???) when I put the covers on initially.

Pulled the cover and played with the lights for 20mins or so flipping, adjusting, flipping, and so on. got it nice and lined up, bolted in the three remaining bolts, made a slight red-knob adjustment, and she is like new. Still needs a freakin bath.

Thanks again, guys.

Shut it. :)

I need to wash it, but it is officially the "Drunken Panda". Watch the new trend take off. (pun)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back