The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

red hot Exhaust manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSMcamaro

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 25, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I have a 1GA with the stock 14b turbo-MBC 15psi. I purchased a FMIC not to long ago and built the intercooler piping myself (pipe bender and exhaust pipe). I just got the car ready in time to drive to college(1 hour drive) and when i was half way done with my drive i decided to pull over and just check everything out. I pop the hood in between the heat shields i can see my stock exhaust manifold just glowing red hot. The engine was at normal temp all the time. I figure i must be running too rich, I have a warblo 190lph pump with no regulator(all mods listed in profile) but i had the pump installed for a good 3 months now. I'm wondering if a boost leak could be causing my problem, or possibly a crack in the manifold? I wish i had an EGT so i could tell exactly how hot it was but i don't have the money for it right now. I also have a 3" gm MAS built into my intercooler piping, but i don't have a translator yet. maybe the MAFT would help me out in this situation.

It is normal and OK, especially after long drives like you said. :thumb:

Attachments

• turbos.jpg
    turbos.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 536
  • hotturbos.jpg
    hotturbos.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,682
  • hot_turbo2_ezr.jpg
    hot_turbo2_ezr.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 841
alex99gst said:
It is normal and OK, especially after long drives like you said. :thumb:

I was hoping so, but i never noticed it before. But i guess i never pulled over late at night after driving a half hour to look closely under my hood either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back