The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

rear rotor overheating & rear break pad sticking

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atblacktalon92

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 26, 2002
winnipeg, Manitoba_Canada
My 92 eagle talon N/T rear break smells like something burned. I touched the rotor and it was soo hot. I noticed the break pads is sticking to the rotor even if its in park. Do i need a new break calliper? The calliper is stuck and the pad will ruin the rotor :cry: is there an easy way to fix the break calliper?

Did you check the parking brake adjustment? should click about 5-6 times when pulled up. It could be a frozen cable not releasing the piston.

As Dreamchaser mentioned, first insure that the parking park is releasing completely. If that's not the problem, it may very well be a seized brake caliper (which I suspect is a more likely cause of your trouble).

I loosened the park brake adjustment screw because when i tightened it, it makes it worst, and the pad sticks really tight compared to loose park brake adjustment. That explains whenever im reversing and breaking lightly I hear a loud grinding noise :( . Are rear break calipers expensive? I might try working on it next week since im on holiday break. I'll see if I can figure out how to adjust the calliper although I never worked on breaks before :confused: Anyways, thanks for the helpfull info guys. later all.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back