The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Quick injector question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbgriffin

Proven Member
Jun 14, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
So I recently purchased a set of used FIC injectors on the classifieds. I'm in the process of making a poor man's clean and flow setup, so I can clean my own injectors. So my question is this. Can I use a 12v source with a switch, or does it have to be a 5v source? I know lots of injectors run on 12v, but I read ours run on a 5v circuit. I just don't want to damage my new/used injectors. Thanks.

I usually start with 3 volts (2 C batteries), if that won't open them I go to a 9V battery and progress up to 12 volts if they still need more. Just what I do at home, I don't do it for a living. I use a small push button switch to activate them.

I clean with carb cleaner and I preserve with WD40. I don't know what fluid others use but I fill up a 6" piece of rubber hose, clamp it to the injector and clamp my air nozzle from my compressor to the other end. I pressurize and then hit my button a few times, watching the pattern of spray onto cardboard. If it looks nice and symmetric, I call it good and either hit it with WD40 to pack them away or leave them be if I am getting ready to install them into my car. Again, I am not in the business but it seems to work for me. When I put up E85 injectors last year (FIC 1120's), I finished off with WD40 and they are now in my DD 92 Talon as of this weekend and work just fine.

I use leftover bg injection cleaner can usually find cans around the shop. I made my rig from a 2inch pipe with caps I drilled and tapped then pressurize to about 20psi.

Use 12 volts with an injector resistor pack to avoid burning up the coils in the injectors. I would use Berrymans chemtool to run through them and then pickle them with Marvel Mystery oil.

Wow, great input thanks. Yeah kinda running off a super old jafromoble vid, I'm sure some have seen it. Just with my own little twist, and I'm using berrymans chemtool myself. I have lots of rc battery packs of different volts 4.8-8.4v, so I'll be using those. Have a momentary switch for it too. Obviously it's not as great as a real flow bench, but certainly better than nothing. Thanks again..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back