The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

pte 6262???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The cams are also Brian Crower. I spoke at length with them and they only recommended the double springs for the 288's. The singles should be fine on the 280's to 8500-9000 rpm.

I would think thats pushing that spring even for cam at 8500+

They run the 280 to 9k on their dyno graph posted on their website with the single spriing. I ran them to 8500 last year with 272's and my 30r without any problems. The stock intake couldn't keep up nor could the turbo.. with the new manifold and turbo I should have plenty of steam left up top.

They run the 280 to 9k on their dyno graph posted on their website with the single spriing. I ran them to 8500 last year with 272's and my 30r without any problems. The stock intake couldn't keep up nor could the turbo.. with the new manifold and turbo I should have plenty of steam left up top.

Wow, I wonder what installed height there using, and how many cycles the springs lasted before they started loosing pressure. BC must be stepping it up in the quality control and manufacturing departments.

*** edit *** The dyno graph on BC's website only runs to 8K. Let us know how the springs work out with those cams. After looking at the spec's on the BC 280's, they aren't really that aggressive at all. I, personally, would never run (with the exception of GSC or Kiggly) single springs with any aftermarket cam over 8K rpm's.

Last edited:
Im inclined to post pics of what my 6262 looks like. The shaft was in decent shape, and the journal bearings looked well lubricated. The one closest to the turbine wheel showed some carbin buildup...possibly from a leaky seal.

This should backup my previous statement about 40psi and lasting for a few months.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tur...garrett-t3-thrust-plates-2.html#post152524464

You don't think that the thrust issue may have been caused in part because you fed the oil from the head?
It's just that I'm running a JB 6262 fed from the oil filter housing with a -12 drain ( no AN fittings so it is actually -12 hose size the way through ). I never see more than 70psi at wot and have zero problems with mine running 34psi or so for months now.
I might add that I do tend to be a little paranoid after reading the couple of bad experiences here so I check the shaft play about once a week and it's never changed from when it was brand new.

No videos yet but I'm heading to the track again towards the end of May. Will have a mate doing some for me :)

Weekend is here.. Any updates? Thoughts on swapping out to the bolt on housing? (I'm on a T4 now, but my deal for my SMIM fell threw so I'm thinking of swapping the T4 for the PTE bolt on. Opinions on that?

Yup.. I have almost everything on the car.. I have to put the cam side motor mount on, fill the radiator and oil and I should be able to start it up and set the timing. I'm hoping to get it started tonight. I have to head to my fabricator on Sat/Sun to get some intercooler pipes tig welded and have my dump tube tig welded, also gotta swap in my 4 bolt and install my new stainless brake lines. Hopefully by Sunday I'll be able to do some road tuning as long as I don't find any leaks in the fuel system etc that would set me back. I would think by next weekend I should have everything ironed out and hopefully soon after that get on the dyno on e85. I'm excited to drive the thing again!

I took mine out on the weekend and ran 11.5 @ 128.73 on a stock block GVR4.

It's put on 34mph in the top end after running 7.67 at the 1/8 marker at 94.67. :hellyeah:

I'm happy enough with the top end but I really need to learn how to drive this thing properly off the line :banghead::banghead:

That's moving, are you still on the T3 .82 A/R hotside that's listed in your profile?

Yes I am. I was considering getting a .63 to help a little with spool but will probably leave it till next season now.

Yes I am. I was considering getting a .63 to help a little with spool but will probably leave it till next season now.

Do you have (or can you take) any video's of some in car pulls showing the tach (and also noting what gear your in)?

How is the transit response? Does it pull well up top (5k to say 7K or higher)? (I know this has to do with a lot of other stuff like parts selection and the tune, but I'm just wondering how the .82 T3 does, as I'm on a .68 T4)

I do have a couple of in car videos that I can edit and add. They show the tach and boost gauge fairly well considering the runs were at night.
It does seem to pull well right through to 8000 in 4th ( that's what I went through the traps at)

I do have a couple of in car videos that I can edit and add. They show the tach and boost gauge fairly well considering the runs were at night.
It does seem to pull well right through to 8000 in 4th ( that's what I went through the traps at)

Please do add them, or link to them if you have them up on YouTube, PhotoBucket, etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back