The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

PTE 6262 Mitsubishi .63 A/R

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD_Boosted4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 2, 2007
Houston, Texas
So I've been looking around for a thread about this turbo and I've seen great stuff so far. My question; Is there any brave soul out there that has purchased this turbo with the Mitsubishi .63 A/R hot side and still pull successful numbers
The reason being, I love my FP mani and plan on keeping it, but I'm looking for 500's now as my new goal. Current mods include
Manley crank
eagle rods
weisco 9:1's.
P&P head 1mm over valves
272's
255lph
1050cc's
DSMLink v3 SD
I'm aware the single pump will not be enough so that's the first thing to change, either dual 255's or try out the walbro 400. How am I looking so far mod wise(generally)

from wht i have known
the mitsubishi .63 by PTE is very small
most probably u just gonna choke tht little housing with a 6262 , if its a 5558 maybe it would be more suitable

I have the 5858 mits .63. Its great for a turbo of this size but even this one would benefit from the t3/v band and larger AR. With the 6262 i wouldnt even question it. Go with a t3.
Also, there was a thread recently where PTE took quite a hit, reputation wise. Not good customer service and didnt replace this guys brand new 6262 JB.
You look into an hx40 yet? If not and you can swing the cost, get the BB 6262, t3 mani/external gate. You will def hit 500whp with your setup as long as you drop in a 450 or dual pumps. You planning e85, pump, or meth? Your injectors are too small for e85. Ive had great success with a 30% blend of e85 FWIW

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks for the reply fellas,
For now I have to stick with the 93oct
And I was afraid someone would say that, but with my current setup I'm going to try and get as much power out of that little .63 as physically possible, by the middle of January is my goal so I will be following up on this to let everyone know just how limited the .63 housing really is/isn't. And hey if it turns out to be my loss...then it's my loss the Tuner world's game and vice versa:applause:

I forgot to add: Im internally gated(as i suspect you are) and manage to hold 30psi to redline(8krpms). Minimal spike. SO the mitsu housing may flow pretty good actually. Im seeing cold weather pulls with ambients around 40* logging 62lbs min. Now im sure thats not accurate as im on the 2g maf and hitting 3200hz mafraw. Im beyond the maf and must go SD for more accurate lb/min flow i believe.
Dont get me wrong, the 6262 in ANY configuration will be a monster of a turbo. And itll handle 93 quite well.

Sweet man that's a relief to hear of a prior success story...what type of fuel set up are you running? And I'm actually externally gated off the O2 housing tial 44mm dumping to atmosphere so I won't spike...and our cars should be absolutely loving this cool weather(when warmed up that is)

Im running a tad bit smaller turbo so mine isnt AS friendly w 93 oct. So i run a 30% blend of e85 and she GETS it. This car is crazy fast. Spinning in third is not uncommon at all.
I run a single walbro 450lph crammed in the hanger and stock lines. Not running out of fuel and lines dont seem to hold me back. Im am nearing 95% IDCs on my 1000cc ptes though. And thats w.out compensating for the blend LOL. I need some big ass injectors but it can wait, fun fast car as it sits

I bet you will hit 500. You have all the mods necessary. Cold weather is our friend like you said. You could possibly hit 500 with a good fmic on 93 in that mitsu housing. The mitsu style flange is the only thing that might choke you up. But hell, give it a shot and let us know how it goes. GL bud!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you have already addressed your future fueling concerns, I will leave that alone. I am interested to know what brand and from where are you planning to purchase the Walbro 400lph fuel pump if that is what you select.

On the topic of the 6262 and your goal of 500whp, I would say that it is one of the ideal turbos for such a goal. The smaller a/r will minimize spool for sure and still allow the turbine housing of the turbo to do its thing in achieving the 500whp+ mark.

I would only select the T3 option if I were trying to extract all power out of the turbo.

I know this might sound like an oxymoron, but you want a turbo that can achieve your power goals without being too laggy to the point where you cannot enjoy it on the street. This is where the smaller a/r is better suited.

I had the .63 t3 housing on my 6262 and I bought a .82 housing a few months ago. I know it will make a difference, but until I can get a new clutch in the car I won't know what benefits are to be had.

I had the .63 t3 housing on my 6262 and I bought a .82 housing a few months ago. I know it will make a difference, but until I can get a new clutch in the car I won't know what benefits are to be had.

I am looking at this turbo as well. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back