The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

PTE 6262 or S362 questions- please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red97gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 28, 2007
eastern, Connecticut
Does anyone have a 6262 or S362 that can give me some real world knowledge on. I was looking to go with a HTA35R, but am considering going with this turbo, but don't want to get full boost at 5000 plus either. I am looking to stay in the 4300-4600 full boost range with the forged 2.3. Thank you in advance for the input. My goal is 550 AWHP on pump with meth and its a street car. Supporting mods to make the goals. (stage 5 head, bc280's 1mm os valves, rewired 255, dsmlink, magnus SMIM, 880's etc, etc) Engine has less than 500 miles since i built it and want to put a bigger turbo and injectors on it.

I don't know about the PTE 6262, but the S362 will have no problem with your goals on a 2.3. Exactly where you see full boost will depend greatly on the AR of the turbine housing, as well as what you consider "full boost".

Well i'm looking for 30 psi and hoping to run the .82 a/r

i would go with the 362. easy

edit: if your goal is 550hp, i wouldnt go as big as a S362 though. a(n) S258 would get your goal the S362 is for near 700hp cars its a little overkill and a smaller turbo would spool better as well.

Just where did you read that an HX35 will boost at 5k?

I did not say anything about a HX35 anwhere in the post? I stated that i don't want a turbo that hits full boost at 5K and not knowing much about the S362 or the 6262, that is why i asked the question. I know that the HTA35R will hit it below 5K.

Regarding the S362, take a look at this thread starting with post #47. This dyno shows a 2 liter VW making about 180 hp at 4000 rpm which is pretty good spool for a 2 liter, and making 600 hp at 6500 rpm. Now that is deadly. This spool is too good to be true for a .70 a/r which is what the test car had. It's as early spooling as an S256 in the .55ar housing on a 2 liter DSM. I don't know how to explain it but it sure is interesting. There is some good information in the posts by spoolin turbo s. When you look at the bullseye web site to find out what turbine housings are available it's kinda confused, I think you would have to talk to David Hall or a good dealer to find out what is really available.

.55ar S256 dyno Spool comparo 402whp pumpgas - Page 4 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Also, if you are interested in the HTA3582, I know that if you get it in the .63ar turbine housing it spools pretty good and can still make a ton of hp. If you haven't seen this thread check it out, it doesn't say in the thread that the turbo had a .63 but I asked the owner, he said yeah, .63ar.
New record for pump gas, set with the HTA35r - evolutionm.net

Gary

Like it was previously stated I would go with a s258 in a .70ar t3 hotside to make 500whp and spool about where you stated. It would give you a litte growing room too.

I like the s258. The s256 can do it, but that s258 compressor map looks so much prettier!!! I'd chose the larger 20-trim turbine wheel and the bolton housing. Great turbo! But the OP has a bolton gt35r. He's looking for a bigger turbo. The s362 is about the size of the hx40pro in the compressor and the turbine is a little bigger. The larger s200 series turbine wheel is a little smaller. I bet the large s200 series wheel with .70a/r housing could do about the same as a bolton s362 with the small s300 series wheel up to his goal. Similar spool speed and everything. . .

You goal begs the question: you already have an FP3065 so why are you not satisfied?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back