The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

PTE 1200cc LOW Z

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YungTlon

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2018
Pueblo, Colorado
I need some help! So I’m looking into purchasing the pte 1200cc low imdeance injectors and was just wondering if anyone could quite literally explain the different from low z and high z to me in a simplified way haha. Have been reading and all that I got out of it was that you can basically make the resister box quit doing its job and run high z. And all that I got out of it was that they were way more expensive!
Was wondering if these injectors would do good on this setup.
Pump gas 91oct.
.63 ar hotside gt35 planned on keeping it turned down a little and making 300-350
Or 400-450 on KILL.
Probably will keep it around 15-23psi.
Arp headstuds
Hks ssq
Walbro 255
Fpr
I doubt the 400-450 is going to be doable without springs,cams,retainers,etc. just using that number for the blatant fact of trying to see if these injectors will do it! Now before you link me to ecm tunings page about how 1200cc will take 400-500hp on pump gas. They are using a high z 1200cc injector . And as I have stated I do not quite understand the diffrence. So any help would be appreciated!

Hey man. I’m running the same injectors on a build 2.0l. Gt35 fp red. From what I understand. The high z u don’t need to run the stock resistor pack. 1200cc will be fine for u. I’m seeing 45lbs @min on pump

Attachments

• EBBED50D-C545-4302-B2A6-35B8C4707B4A.jpeg
    EBBED50D-C545-4302-B2A6-35B8C4707B4A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
The high impedance generally are easier to tune, they have better response times and tend to idle better.

low z injectors (peak and hold) --
A peak-and-hold driver circuit utilizes fuel injectors with low resistance coils (2-2.5 ohms) which require more current (4-5 amps) to open
Once the injector is opened, it takes far less current to keep it open. Thus the term peak-and-hold is used to describe this type of circuitry. After the initial peak of 4 amps is reached, the driver turns down the current to 1 amp which holds the injector open for the duration of the pulse width. The advantage of this system is the quick response time of the injector. The high initial current instantly creates the magnetic force require to raise the valve.

high z (saturated) --
An injector used in a saturated driver system requires a high resistance value across its coil (12-16 ohms). The high resistance values enable the injectors to operate at low current levels (.8-1 amp) which keep the circuitry cool, promoting longer component life. Unfortunately, because of the low current levels, injector response time is slow, sacrificing dynamic range

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

----------
with newer injectors (ev-6), response times are alot faster and aren't really an issue.
Thats why you don't see any new cars with peak and hold injectors

I like Injector Dynamics.
ID1000/ID1050 are great for any car on pump gas (as long as you have a way to tune it)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back