The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Project 8 seconds/2,000lbs 2g Talon TSI Utah

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That has actually crossed my mind. What all is needed to run straight methanol besides huge injectors and two pumps? My plan was 2200cc injectors and twin Bosch 044 pumps on C16 fuel.

Big injectors, id even recommend dual rails. You dont need 2 pumps, just get a big pump, say a mechanical. High compression pistons, somewhere around 10:1-11:1. And u cant get rid of the radiator, but u can get rid of the intercooler.

If you run methanol fuel you can get rid of the radiator, fan, hoses, water pump, coolant, etc. to get another 50 lbs out or so.
No. You have to run all the cooling stuff. Because u still have to run coolant/water through the head. But you can delete the intercooler.

Isn't straight methanol expensive?

I work in a lab and we use methanol for a few different things and it isn't cheap (May not be exactly what you would use)

I want to say its about 300$ for 4 liters. But this stuff might be too pure to run in a car.

Isn't straight methanol expensive?

I work in a lab and we use methanol for a few different things and it isn't cheap (May not be exactly what you would use)

I want to say its about 300$ for 4 liters. But this stuff might be too pure to run in a car.

No not at all. It cheaper the most race gas. Its a lot cheaper then c16, it just takes more upkeep

I'm probably going to just stick with C16 or something similar to that for now. Maybe methanol next season.

I'm probably going to just stick with C16 or something similar to that for now. Maybe methanol next season.

Yea. The fuel itself is cheaper but the upkeep u have to do and the extra stuff u have to get, it adds up to about the same. Plus u can still make PLENTY of power to reach ## goal on c16.

Yea. The fuel itself is cheaper but the upkeep u have to do and the extra stuff u have to get, it adds up to about the same. Plus u can still make PLENTY of power to reach ## goal on c16.

The price of fuel is insignificant at this level and true there is somewhat of a more upkeep. like plugs and this will really attack aluminum but there is no other fuel that even comes close and also there are other additives that are also used that brings the price of the FUEL even higher but it does make the power.

The handling is very important as it is also very toxic.

That was definitly my deciding factor to go auto. Not the car, the price. U can put that money somewhere else in the car and really have fun. :thumb:
You can't beat a fully built transmission and torque converter for $3,000.

Yeah, you're going to have a hard time getting down anywhere near 2000#'s. Brent Rau ended up around 2150 on his AWD car I believe and he had WAY less material in that car than you have in the pics. Just saying, there's a lot to remove when you have a full cage.

Yeah, you're going to have a hard time getting down anywhere near 2000#'s. Brent Rau ended up around 2150 on his AWD car I believe and he had WAY less material in that car than you have in the pics. Just saying, there's a lot to remove when you have a full cage.
I'm still removing a lot, hopefully I can remove another 100-200 lbs of material. 2,000 lbs is just a goal not a set number. All I do know is that I've taken out 3 truck loads of stuff and replaced a lot of heavy stuff with some lightweight parts. I'll have a final weight of the complete chassis minus the motor/trans/turbo pretty soon. The chromoly cage only added 90 lbs so about as much as my power driver's seat.

The price of fuel is insignificant at this level and true there is somewhat of a more upkeep. like plugs and this will really attack aluminum but there is no other fuel that even comes close and also there are other additives that are also used that brings the price of the FUEL even higher but it does make the power.

The handling is very important as it is also very toxic.

Yea. We run m1 and theres no beating it. We made a lot more power then we did on c16.

Quick update: Thanks to Eeeeky (Aeryk) I am now 2 months ahead of schedule. Just picked up a custom tubular forward facing manifold, tubular front end, 4 inch intercooler, wastegate, intercooler piping, and some AN fuel lines from him, thanks again Aeryk.
th_photo-54.jpg

th_photo-55.jpg

th_photo-58.jpg

th_photo-57.jpg

th_photo-59.jpg

And what I chopped off a few hours ago:
th_photo-56.jpg

Quick update: Thanks to Eeeeky (Aeryk) I am now 2 months ahead of schedule. Just picked up a custom tubular forward facing manifold, tubular front end, 4 inch intercooler, wastegate, intercooler piping, and some AN fuel lines from him, thanks again Aeryk.
th_photo-54.jpg

th_photo-55.jpg

th_photo-58.jpg

th_photo-57.jpg

th_photo-59.jpg

And what I chopped off a few hours ago:
th_photo-56.jpg

I would like to do a tubular front end on my car as well, but I think it would be quite difficult for me as I do not have a pipe bender. Did you buy that front end tube pre-fabbed? Are you going to add a front roll stop to it?

I would like to do a tubular front end on my car as well, but I think it would be quite difficult for me as I do not have a pipe bender. Did you buy that front end tube pre-fabbed? Are you going to add a front roll stop to it?
I bought it from a local who made it. You don't need a pipe bender just some straight pipe and a few 45 degree pieces. I'm going to do a custom bar with roll stop next weekend.

Now u just need a nice turbo to hang off there ;)
S375 is next on my list of things to get, hopefully it's not too big for underneath the headlight.

Nah it won't be. Have you seen Justins car from JMFab? His is in the same spot as urs and it fits fine.
I haven't seen his, I'll have to check it out. The s375 has a 9" cover so it looks like it will fit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back