The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Project 8 seconds/2,000lbs 2g Talon TSI Utah

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's funny, I ended up with that chassis LOL. Although I think his 9.3 passes were on a 42r, I could be wrong though.
Got any recent pics? I always wondered what happened to his car. I'm really not sure what turbo he was running. I sold him a 6765 right before he ran for the first time, he was running a 42r and then supposedly switched to a 6262 when he ran that 9.3. You're guess is as good as mine.

I'm pretty sure Casey ran the 9.3 on the 42r. Funny I was just looking at that thread with the red rocket! Thought I recognized that black floor.

Keep up the great work! Stoked to see this at rmr this year. Any recent updates?

I'm pretty sure Casey ran the 9.3 on the 42r. Funny I was just looking at that thread with the red rocket! Thought I recognized that black floor.

Keep up the great work! Stoked to see this at rmr this year. Any recent updates?
Haven't been able to work on it much because of work but will be finishing the manifold, tubular front end, wastegate dumps, tubular cross member, new roll stops and a few other things this weekend and next. I'm hoping to have it up and running before the end of march.

Small Update: Picked up a GT4202R locally and got it installed on a spare longblock to see how the fitment is. Also took my car over to my friends house so he can modify a few things on the manifold, install a swing out on the roll cage, weld up the holes in the firewall, modify the tubular front end, make a tubular cross member, custom roll stops, and intercooler piping.
th_photo_zpsbb26ffbd.jpg

th_photo_zps8439f0bf.jpg

th_photo_zps1813747e.jpg

th_photo_zps11cc4150.jpg

th_photo_zpsf12958b6.jpg

th_photo_zpsbf0b3ceb.jpg

Last edited:
Is this car gonna be dry sumped? If not its gonna need a scavenge pump in the oil drain or something else or it will likely smoke.

Is this car gonna be dry sumped? If not its gonna need a scavenge pump in the oil drain or something else or it will likely smoke.
I'll be using a scavenge pump to drain the oil. The bottom of the turbo pretty much even with the oil pan so it probably wouldn't drain very well.

I ran into the same thing on my new setup, smoked some at idle but luckily I am about to put a drysump motor in so it should fix the issue.

I ran into the same thing on my new setup, smoked some at idle but luckily I am about to put a drysump motor in so it should fix the issue.
Nice, how much does that cost? When I had my Evo I was looking at some setups and they were in the $2,000 range.

Quick update: The tubular front end has been modified so that my 4 inch downpipe and twin wastegate dumptubes can exit straight out the side of the bumper. Also had the front cross member made which bolts to the stock location. The roll stop is being replaced by a solid plate that mounts to the transmission. Supports are also going to be welded to support the radiator, intercooler and front bumper.
th_photo_zpse6629ab6.jpg

th_photo_zpsf351bf4a.jpg

th_photo_zps04c9fddb.jpg

This front end can be replicated for anybody interested.

so what are you going to do about all that extra ABS wire looming?

so what are you going to do about all that extra ABS wire looming?
My plan is to finish the car, plug everything in I need and delete anything I don't need. I want to do a full wire tuck but don't know if I'll have time before the season starts here.

Ah so you ended up with it. As soon as Casey posted pics of him building it I immediately pm'd him and told him told give me dibs on the shell if he sold it because we all knew he would part it out in a short amount of time LOL. He agreed to but I never heard a word back :-( Glad to see its still around.

On a side note this build is sick! Keep up the good work!

Ah so you ended up with it. As soon as Casey posted pics of him building it I immediately pm'd him and told him told give me dibs on the shell if he sold it because we all knew he would part it out in a short amount of time LOL. He agreed to but I never heard a word back :-( Glad to see its still around.

On a side note this build is sick! Keep up the good work!
Thanks! I will have some more updates this weekend with the finished front end, my new radiator setup and my new manifold.

206011_2253063649978_203905_n_zps2520f797.jpg

See it does right under the headlight. His car is DEFINITLY the most epic dsm build iv ever seen. The quality of work and just everything that has gone into the car is insane.

Im in love with that car..

Sounds good buddy. IMHO theres no turbo that can beat a bullseye for reliability. Their TANKS.

LOL, I never had a problem with my turbo, but I also had the 360 degree bearing in my s366. Doing research, i've found alot of issues with them failing. It was once said you get the BW for power, but you buy the Garret for reliability. Garret also has there GTX line of turbos, and they work well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back