The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Pre-made intercooler piping for stock intercooler

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthIndy_Talon

Proven Member
Jul 1, 2014
Greenwood, Indiana
Is anyone aware of any direct hard pipe intake piping that would mount right up in place of the stock pieces? I am looking for something that would not require modification to BOV flanges or anything like that and am planning on staying on the stock intercooler. Car is a 1990 since I think the BOV pipe is slightly different to the rest of the 1gs.

Is anyone aware of any direct hard pipe intake piping that would mount right up in place of the stock pieces? I am looking for something that would not require modification to BOV flanges or anything like that and am planning on staying on the stock intercooler. Car is a 1990 since I think the BOV pipe is slightly different to the rest of the 1gs.

CX Racing has a kit. It isn't terrible but fitment is less than ideal. At least for me. But there really aren't many options for sidemount piping these days.

https://www.cxracing.com/KIT-1G-STOCK-BOV009

When you say intake-piping, that technically means the pipe going into the turbo. Are you referring to intercooler piping?

CX Racing has a kit. It isn't terrible but fitment is less than ideal. At least for me. But there really aren't many options for sidemount piping these days.

https://www.cxracing.com/KIT-1G-STOCK-BOV009
I have that kit and it was kind of tricky to mount up but it does fit and does work. I put it on my 92 before I went crazy on her. I will put it on my 90 GSX soon, as I have an IAT bung in the TB elbow and want to convert my last car over to SD like my other 2 are.

I have that kit and it was kind of tricky to mount up but it does fit and does work. I put it on my 92 before I went crazy on her. I will put it on my 90 GSX soon, as I have an IAT bung in the TB elbow and want to convert my last car over to SD like my other 2 are.
Nice, good to know. I might get one for my 2g.

No that is the 1g version, CX racings 2g version is here:

It is made for a stock T28 turbo. If you are running a TD05 (14b), they have a different listing for it.

No that is the 1g version, CX racings 2g version is here:

It is made for a stock T28 turbo. If you are running a TD05 (14b), they have a different listing for it.

Will the stock 2g bov fit on this kit?

Will the stock 2g bov fit on this kit?
No. The 1G style BOV has a flange that you can see on that kit. 2G's were plastic and had about a 1" beaded lip instead of a flange.

Honestly, not what you want to use at much over stock boost.

I was actually wondering about the “CX Racing” 1g pipe kit just recently. I’m tossing the idea around of ditching my fmic in my old age and switching to an Alamo/Dejon style side mount or Supra side mount (if I can even find any of those) and considered that kit utilizing the stock j pipe if I do come across what I’m looking for. Glad to see it does indeed work out as I’ve seen the cheap Chinese 2g kit used but this is the first hands on I’ve seen of their 1g kit aside from their mock up pictures from 12 years ago. Seems to be a copy of the Dejon and Buschur stuff and what not offered in the late 90s and into the 2000s but being it’s country of origin I didn’t want to make assumptions. The only downfall is I see it’s like $240 shipped now at the lowest I’ve seen it, when I originally looked at it 8-9 years ago when I was considering using the stock intercooler it was literally $120-$130 shipped, so that kinda sucks, but at the same time I’d have more than that into aluminum pipe and the correct couplers to make it (plus welding it) so I guess it isn’t really a loss. Either way good to know it at least fits.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back