The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

420A power steering

Please Support Rix Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiell0005

Probationary Member
Feb 25, 2024
Brooksville, Florida
so i have this 1999 eclipse RS and the belt keeps falling off and i think its the power steering pump but i wanted to get more opinions on it, here’s a video of what happens when i turn the steering wheel https://www.youtube.com/watch v=uxP96pJO6uU

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That happens when the belt starts slipping on the crankshaft pulley. When actively steering, the pump creates more drag and the belt slips. That's because your belt doesn't have enough tension.

That also is not what I would describe as the belt falling off. Rather just slipping. I once had to stop on the highway and run back to get my belt from the road; that's falling off.

and it’s because i don’t have the tensioner bolt, i have on is just one i found for replacement while i find the original one, but i can’t find it so if you have a link to it id really appreciate it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back