The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Power Steering rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoodle

Probationary Member
Apr 17, 2020
Sutherlin, Oregon
I have 1997 GST and the previous owner deleted the power steering. Seeing as it’s my daily now, I want to put power steering back in it but don’t know what to do. I know there isn’t any power steering pump, rack, or reservoir. Is there anything else I need? And if possible, does anyone know a tutorial somewhere on how to reinstall these parts

I don't see the hose, line listed. You'll need these too & there a several few. Here's a list with the OEM part number.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You may already have the power rack, just with the fittings capped. That is the “economy “ version of p/s delete. If you actually have the manual steering rack, some folks will pay a lot more for it than a power rack. You will need the bracket that holds the pump.
Is your current set up Inconvenient?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back