The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A power steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rstewart412

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 3, 2009
Myrtle beach, South_Carolina
i have a 96 eclipse gs. Is there such thing as a power steering check valve on my car? because when i put the belt on my car and put fluid in it the fluid runs right back out. if theres supposed to be a check valve on it, there's not. theres 3 lines coming from the power steering pump: the one going to the reservoir is on top, and then there's 2 in the front. well my car only has 1 in the front and the other is just an empty hole. the empty on is on the right. should a check valve go there? and if that is what i am missing, where can i get one? i know there is a vacuum line not connected to anything, just hanging near my ps pump, which is why i suspect a check valve.:confused:

Or does anyone have a picture of what the front of my ps pump is supposed to look like with everthing hooked up? I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.

ill run out and try to take a picture of it with a flashlight. There's a threaded hole on the front of the pump. On the right side. It looks like there should be a line there. But when i look at the picture of a power steering pump on advanceautoparts.com, there's something in the hole. Looks like a check valve

heres this pic. it sucks ill have to take another one in the daylight tomorrow

Okay i found a pic online and did some labeling on it.

Okay i woke up this morning and went out and took a picture of my ps pump in the daylight. Here it is. As you can see something is missing on the right side of it.

Attachments

• power steering leak.jpg
    power steering leak.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 141
  • napa ps pump.jpg
    napa ps pump.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 110
  • power steering pump.jpg
    power steering pump.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 87
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back