The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Power Steering Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faultywarrior

Probationary Member
Apr 6, 2012
Burlington, Connecticut
My car didn't come with power steering (prior owner's failed attempt at converting it to a "race car" :rolleyes: )

That said, I'm struggling to find the correct parts to rebuild the system; and me being new to DSM's is making it worse. Could someone please post the OEM mitsu part numbers; or even better - the part numbers from Advance/NAPA/AutoZone/etc. I need EVERYTHING (brackets, lines, tank, etc.) since the PO just did looped lines.

TIA!

EDIT:
Prob. should have put that it's a 96 TSi AWD.

Do you have a salvage yard you can get this stuff from?
Unfortunately, no. The nearest "junk yard" (non-pick-n-pull style) is about 45 min. from me, but they don't have the stuff; and they're notorious for ludicrously high pricing, often as much as what buying new from the dealer would cost.

I don't mind buying the stuff brand new from auto stores/dealer/etc.; and even ebay is fine. I found most of it on ebay, but I'm unsure if it's the right stuff and/or what's missing. It's hard to compare the crappy drawing in the service manual to real-world pictures of the parts.

I will try to find a link to download the Mitsubishi parts program, but be warned dealership will get you on all the small misc parts. There is also the classifieds to buy from

Well I just realized I don't think Eagle Talon VIN numbers works in the Mitsubishi parts program :ohdamn:

Here's a link that might help in some way
http://www.mitsubishilinks.com/

I will try to find a link to download the Mitsubishi parts program, but be warned dealership will get you on all the small misc parts. There is also the classifieds to buy from
OK, thanks! I posted in the classified (err, regional sub-forum I guess?), so hopefully I'll get somewhere on that front.

As far as getting it new, I was planning on spending well over $200 on this anyways since that seems to be the average going price for this stuff on ebay.

I edited my last post

Maybe you can use a dummy VIN for a 97' Eclipse (Talon/Eclipse has same components)...not sure how to get one though
Awesome! Thanks for the link!

As far as a VIN, that won't be an issue. I'll just transform mine to be a Mitsu...the only difference is the second character in; which determines the make. Change the E in mine to an A and I've got a mitsu vin. :thumb:

I never even thought of that! :ohdamn:

Thanks for that!

You will not be disappointed with the parts program, works like a charm! I use the first link under "ASA / CAPS Parts Programs" as my primary parts program, no problems, and I even order from my local Chrysler dealership :thumb:

Changing the E to an A does not automatically give you a Mitsubishi VIN as the last six digits will not change. If you do this, ASA will not recognize the number you input. Nice try, though. ;)

Here's a couple random '96 GSX VINs that could be used if you end up at that point with ASA:
4A3AL54F9TE311115 (5-speed)
4A3AL54F9TE401672 (auto)

Hey Brian I've been looking for an answer to that question for a while now

Like if a member asks what part number to give the dealer on say, a 1994 GSX, how would I make a dummy VIN to give them a part number? As a reference, I usually just use the VIN for the 90' GSX engine that I have in my 97' GSX and of course, the VIN for my 97' GSX...any ideas?

I never even thought of that! :ohdamn:

Thanks for that!

You will not be disappointed with the parts program, works like a charm! I use the first link under "ASA / CAPS Parts Programs" as my primary parts program, no problems, and I even order from my local Chrysler dealership :thumb:
It *IS* awesome! I'd say this is just as awesome, if not better the the Volvo equivalent I'm used to.

Changing the E to an A does not automatically give you a Mitsubishi VIN as the last six digits will not change. If you do this, ASA will not recognize the number you input. Nice try, though. ;)

Here's a couple random '96 GSX VINs that could be used if you end up at that point with ASA:
4A3AL54F9TE311115 (5-speed)
4A3AL54F9TE401672 (auto)
Yeah, I found that out when I tried it. I messed with the VIN enough at some point that it took it, so IDK. Got the list I needed...crap it's HUGE! There's so many stupid clamps, fasteners, bolts, etc. - oh well; guess I shoulda saw that coming...

Got the list I needed...crap it's HUGE! There's so many stupid clamps, fasteners, bolts, etc. - oh well; guess I shoulda saw that coming...

ROFLLOL that's what I said when I opened up the program to try and give you a list. Screw that idea I guess... got a salvage yard around? HAHA jk but glad you got the VIN situation figured out!

Hey Brian I've been looking for an answer to that question for a while now

Like if a member asks what part number to give the dealer on say, a 1994 GSX, how would I make a dummy VIN to give them a part number? As a reference, I usually just use the VIN for the 90' GSX engine that I have in my 97' GSX and of course, the VIN for my 97' GSX...any ideas?

Look up the part number generically, i.e., without any VIN, for the respective model of the vehicle. As I'm sure you're aware, a '94 GSX would be the D27A model. From there, you can specify the classification if you like and look up the part. ASA will let you know if there are various part numbers for the different years for that model and classification. I know dealers don't like to do that, but if you go in with the part numbers rather than relying on them, you won't need them to do anything anyway.

There really isn't any creating dummy VINs. However, it is possible to extract over 700,000 DSM VINs (some Talon and Laser VINs included) from the CAPS software files which will fit any model and classification you can think of, but that is a major PITA. Otherwise you can search for sale ads of vehicles matching what you need, copy and retain a record of the VINs from them if they are listed. This was pretty easy to do running through something like AutoTrader or eBayMotors back when people used them more; it is still possible but you're not as likely to run across exactly what you need.

You can enter them directly or double-click the model text box to bring up the Vehicle Name Selection window to sort through to find the other models.

D21A - 1.8L 1G
D22A - 2.0L 1G FWD (both NT and T)
D27A - 2.0L 1G AWD

D31A - 2.0L 2G NT (coupe)
D32A - 2.0L 2G T (coupe)
D33A - 2.0L 2G AWD
D38A - 2.0L 2G T (convertible)
D39A - 2.4L 2G NT (convertible)

Classifications are the same way but there are many more of them than I care to list. Another trick to "zone in" on a specific model type or year is to specify the Production Period in the form YYYYMMW where:

YYYY = Year
MM = Month (01 = Jan, 02 = Feb,...., 11 = Nov, 12 = Dec)
W = We'll call it "week" though it more accurately represents something like a third of the month. This digit is 1, 2, or 3.

Along with realizing that the model changes occur in the summer time (June or July), you can usually safely assume that most information that holds true in 1990103 is going to be the same as in 1991031, for example. So if you were after info on a 1994 GSX, you could enter D27A and 1994011 (IN BOTH BOXES) and it will limit the part numbers it spews at you to those that were used during that production period.

Anyway, I've clearly spent too much time with it all. :)

Well I just so happend to get this mess out of my talon parts car.the lines for a turbo car.

Attachments

• 2012-05-17 17.50.03.jpg
    2012-05-17 17.50.03.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 44
ROFLLOL that's what I said when I opened up the program to try and give you a list. Screw that idea I guess... got a salvage yard around? HAHA jk but glad you got the VIN situation figured out!
haha I'm all good. gtrej01 hooked me up with all the stuff I need!

I bookmarked that links page for future reference. There's a lot of good info in there!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back