The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Power steering question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kspharris

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2005
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Anyone know the power steering pumps well enough to let me know if I can take a 2g pump and install it on a 1g with relative ease? Or what it would take? Thanks, Keith.

:nono: :nono: :nono:
Please, next time do some search before.

For now I will be nice.

Here is all what you need to know.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/263344-2g-power-steering-pump-same-1g.html

I love people like you. For your info I did search using power steering pump and titles only and that did not come up. If you truly wanted to "be nice" then you wouldn't have posted search( which is a rule violation) and this didn't help any other than finding out that ones ribbed and ones v. That doesn't really matter since I'll be using all 2g pulleys anyway. But thanks for trying. :D

I do know the power steering pump bracket is different for each gen, but the mounting locations are the same. I dont; however, know if the hydraulic line fittings are the same.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back