The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Post your PTE 6152e DYNO and 1/4 E.T. #'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So in your own opinion, what would be the ideal killer one shot setup on this turbo.

If I were going to go back to a 360degree thrust bearing turbo 61mm,

PTE T4 SC61 with:

I would do a T04S anti-surge ported compressor cover (0.70A/R),
61mm 56-trim compressor wheel
T350 Stage 5 76-trim turbine wheel or the T4 P-trim 69-trim turbine wheel.
T04 undivided 0.68A/R (street use on 2.0L), or a 0.81 A/R (race use for 2.0 or for use on a 2.3L or 2.4L) turbine housing with V-Band discharge

I would put on a TiAL 44mm wastegate, and a DNP T4 tubular equal length exhaust manifold with a 3" Downpipe with V-band connection.

You will get the most out of the turbo, with little or no loss on the top end and better spoolup than the 0.81AR.

It would be a good low 11 (2G) to high 10 second (1G) turbo in full weight street trim with a good driver.

1000cc injectors with a single Walboro 255HP at 48psi bfp, worked just fine with it.

It worked well for me, and I had 11.0's and 133mph traps out of it.

I'm not sure you can get the .70 undivided form PTE. You could get the .68 though which is what I run on my pt67.
I had a scm6152 and wanted to switch tot eh t4 turbine housing. I found a used rev-hard for like 350 and bought a tial 38. I then came across a good deal on the 67 and bolted the set up on. At the same boost level (22psi on pump) I saw 2-3lb/min at that same temps. Thats was a stock 2g longblock with the exception of HKS 264/272s.

For a one shot deal I would recomend picking up a revhard and a t61 with a .58 t4 undivided as it would still flow better than a .63 t3. Once you get everything else, you could always pick up a bigger turbine housing for ~120 if you wanted more power on pump.

If I were going to go back to a 360degree thrust bearing turbo 61mm,

PTE T4 SC61 with:

I would do a T04S anti-surge ported compressor cover (0.70A/R),
61mm 56-trim compressor wheel
T350 Stage 5 76-trim turbine wheel or the T4 P-trim 69-trim turbine wheel.
T04 undivided 0.70A/R turbine housing with V-Band discharge

I would put on a TiAL 44mm wastegate, and a DNP T4 tubular equal length exhaust manifold with a 3" Downpipe with V-band connection.

You will get the most out of the turbo, with little or no loss on the top end and better spoolup than the 0.81AR.

It would be a good low 11 (2G) to high 10 second (1G) turbo in full weight street trim with a good driver.

1000cc injectors with a single Walboro 255HP at 48psi bfp, worked just fine with it.

It worked well for me, and I had 11.0's and 133mph traps out of it.

So in reality, what would be cheaper? Buying the turbo from dejon tool with the SP housing and then ordering the turbine housing from PTE? Or ordering everything from PTE in one shot?

http://all.dejonpowerhouse.com/edit/A-01.htm

Personally, I would go through PTE. Then you don't have to purchase the mistu flange housing. Either that, or have a company special order the turbo if they can give you the same price or better with a distributor price from PTE.

You should look at spending around 750-900. The SC61 is cheaper than the SCM61

I'm suprised Chris isn't on this one.. The founder, unless he posted and I missed it. Anyway if I remember off the top of my head he went 12.7 and did 430+ awhp on pump @21psi. None the less he sold his turbo (to guess who ;) and is now moving in another direction.. When I get it I'll let you know some #'s and times on a 90 laser fwd 5 speed.

Chris ran 12.5@116 at 20psi on pump gas. He did this at 5800ft. I had to beg his wife to let him make one more pass. It was for the best as he ran better than he ever had. Now the new 50 trim is gonna makes his car fly in this coming seasons time attack events. Oh, I tune he car by the way. Now he can keep up in the corners and still blow the competition away in the straights. 50 trim FTW.

Steven

I went back with these changes (manifold and turbine) to the track , and got down to 11.4 @ 128mph on 26psi, 11.2 @ 130mph on 31-32psi and a best of 11.017 w/ a best mph of 133.79 mph at 35psi. Based on MPH, vehicle weight, dyno data and flow calculations, we returned with a number slightly above 630whp and 590 tq.

Does your car weigh 4000lbs? My car is 3100lbs with me in it, I've gone 132 in the 1/4, and I'm only guessing my whp to be around 520whp. If it's closer to 600whp, i'd be ecstatic, but I'm thinking your #'s are a bit high in your guesstimates.

Does your car weigh 4000lbs? My car is 3100lbs with me in it, I've gone 132 in the 1/4, and I'm only guessing my whp to be around 520whp. If it's closer to 600whp, i'd be ecstatic, but I'm thinking your #'s are a bit high in your guesstimates.

I believe hes at atltitude. Makes a huge diff.

Check my profile for dyno numbers. My 1/4 mile time was [email protected] with a crappy 1.911 60'... yeah I know, I need to shift faster and get a decent launch :)

I like this turbo but I need something smaller with better spool characteristics. If you're into drag racing it's great. But if you're into road racing or autox like me, it's not the right turbo.

I believe hes at atltitude. Makes a huge diff.

Umm....I don't think that my altitude is THAT high in Wisconsin. The 11.017 and the 133+ traps were done in the middle of July on a nice hot and humid day.

Here is the DSMtimes link to the ET timeslip: http://www.dsmtimes.org/details.php?ID=1372 -- "STOCK TRANNY, 7-bolt stroker 2.3L 112 degree track temps, 80% humidity ".

NOSLO2PT0 - I know I could have gotten better times if that is what you are wanting. Unfortunately that was the best I could do with the circumstances -- still, not bad for a FULL weight 2G daily driver. Thankfully, I don't need to prove myself to you. I am just stating the timeslips and the data from this turbo setup before I upgraded to bigger and better.

NOSLO2PT0 - I know I could have gotten better times if that is what you are wanting. Unfortunately that was the best I could do with the circumstances -- still, not bad for a FULL weight 2G daily driver. Thankfully, I don't need to prove myself to you. I am just stating the timeslips and the data from this turbo setup before I upgraded to bigger and better.

Reread my post. Nowhere did I mention ET. Only weight, mph, and hp. 630whp and only 135mph = a very heavy car. That's why I was curious what your car weighed. I don't have any estimates of my car's hp, except DSMLink estimates. They only put me around 520-530whp. That's why I was comparing my mph/weight to yours, to help everyone get a better understanding of how weight, mph, and whp correlate.

He's in Milwaukee, WI. Probably ran at Great Lakes Dragway, about 760' above sea level. Not gonna make a difference.

I think he meant Ludachris.

Dyno numbers at altitude mean nothing. Projected dyno numbers even less. Track times are an indicator of the car's power, specifically the traps.

11.8 @ 123 22pwi SC6176 TO4S .70 a/r compressor cover T3 .63 a/r hot side. Ran that time granny shifting full weight 91 GSX with 10" subs and tools in the trunk (went to the track solo that day so didn't have anyone to watch my stiff). Car consistently traps 123 best trap was 124 never ran more than 22/23 psi.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he meant Ludachris.

Dyno numbers at altitude mean nothing. Projected dyno numbers even less. Track times are an indicator of the car's power, specifically the traps.
And even then it's tough to get a clear indication of the power because it's still at elevation and you have to account for the driver skill, or in my case, lack there of (on the drag strip).

I can finnally post my result to this thread:sneaky:
I have a SC6152, not a SCM...
It has the S cover and a .82 hotside...
At 22psi I am seeing 52.7lbs/min. above 8300rpms
Spools 20 psi right before 5000 rpms
This is with a Magnus and BC 280's on a 2.0
mmmm I love this turbo, I cant wait for meth and alot more boost.

i ordered my turbo and know just waiting for it to get here,hopefully i have enough mods to support it,i want to get around 450fwhp at 20-22psi

I'm sorry fwdsal, but you do not have the mods to support this Turbo. If you want to run 20-22psi and make 450 hp you picked the wrong turbo, a 50 trim variation might have been better suited. This turbo doesn't really do it's thing until 30+ psi.

I've had mine in a closet for awhile, been buildin a motor to handle it. It should be all comming together in the next few months. I'll post about it then.

what more do you think i need,i mean i do have a stock bottom end,but i thought it might hold up for a little bit

I am also going to run a t3 .63a/r housing on a sc6152 with the sp cover. I too am on the stock internals including cams, and I don't have an upgraded smim. The thing I have found after reading on different turbo combinations on the stock internals is that you will obviously make much more power on the sc6152 if you had cams and smim, but will this turbo really make less power at 25psi then a 50 trim at 25psi? No matter what the t3 combination flows more air then the dsm flange and that will help the turbo breathe and make up for some of the lack of supporting mods. There was a guy who ran low 11's at 130mph on a gst with a bolt on 50trim and stock cams and intake manifold. He did run about 30psi to achieve those times, but then again so do most people, although he is the only guy I have heard from so far that ran that trap with a 50 trim in general. So I am guessing with my sc6152 and a water injection setup I should not be disappointed with the times I run, although another 80whp from cams and a smim would be very nice, I live in California and everytime I smog the car, cams and smim have to come off. Not sure just yet if I want to deal with that every time I smog.
later

It's quite possible you could pass emissions with a mild set of cams. I don't pay too much attention to it as I live in an emissions-free state :)D ) but I know I've read of people with FP1s, 264s and the like passing. I think I've even heard of people with FP2s passing.

I can finnally post my result to this thread:sneaky:
I have a SC6152, not a SCM...
It has the S cover and a .82 hotside...
At 22psi I am seeing 52.7lbs/min. above 8300rpms
Spools 20 psi right before 5000 rpms
This is with a Magnus and BC 280's on a 2.0
mmmm I love this turbo, I cant wait for meth and alot more boost.

T4 Housing?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back