The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

please help. rich at WOT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh1095

Banned Member
Aug 27, 2009
st. jacob, Illinois
ok, im new to tuning but ive read everything in the knowledge base at ecmtuning.com. are the fuel sliders ONLY used at wot? ive tried setting my open loop threshold higher and have a better maf comp but soon as i get into higher boost i hit 8.9:1. so i know i dont want to run that but more around 11:1. im not even messing with timing yet, thats another can of worms. one thing at a time. i will post a log if it helps. im logging alot of data. please help me!

You really should post a log of the behavior. Do you have a MAP sensor installed? It helps to determine if MAFComp is set correctly at WOT.

The fuel sliders are only used under certain conditions. Have you read this?

Get a log posted for more help!

will do very soon. i found that i set my afpr pressure WITH the vac line ON. this could have caused problems. cause when idling w vac off it was over 47psi. i set it to 43 then put vac back on and it dropped to around 37. i may have had too high fuel pressure. which number do i use as base pressure in link?

Base pressure is the value with the Vacuum line disconnected. What are you measuring AFR with?

lc-1 wb. after adjusting the fuel pressure correctly and relocating the battery to the trunk and a few other odds n ends i took it for a quick drive. running good. reset my mafcomp values. going to do a few runs tomorrow to dial those back in and post a log. still, of course, very rich in open loop under load.

couple logs. i changed the battery to trunk and reset all maf comps then just did a couple tweaks. here are 2 logs if theyll upload

Attachments

• log.2012.02.17-01.elg
    278.5 KB · Views: 49
  • log.2012.02.17-02.elg
    220.7 KB · Views: 41
shit, nevermind. i figured it out. fuel sliders. guess it was pretty obvious LOL. dialed them back -10% from 2500 to 6000 and now reading 10.2 afs. will go down to probably -12% or so.
but now im having problems with the battery relocate. it will start just fine, then shut it off go into the gas station or whatever, try to start it again and it will turn over REAL slow. its like a bad ground but only when it warms up. thinking engine block ground

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back