The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

WOT rich dip

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk8freak8989

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 28, 2010
sterling, Massachusetts
I just finished installing my holset hx40 setup and I started to do some tuning last night. I am haveing a wierd rich dip at about 3000-3200rpm. If I start the pull at 2500 the car will switch to open loop and have an AFR around the 12's. Right when it reaches around 3000 my wide band will drop to about 9.3 and the car will bog. At around 3200-3400 the car just snaps out of it and goes to normal wot afr. With the holset swap i changed to FIC 1250 injectors. Is this just a thing with big injectors that is unavoidable? I have already tried pulling fuel out, but so far the best i can do is get it to only dip to about a 10 AFR. Any info would help.

Thanks

Have you tuned the latency (aka batt. offset, deadtime) table?

I can get a log tonight but i do not have my wideband logged. The only thing I did to try to get rid of it was pull some fuel out of the fuel table where it was happining. I got it to lean out to about 10:1, but the car still bogs down. What do you guys think, is it tune related or maybe bad injectors. I got the injectors used so that is why I am wondering. I have tuned the car before with a 16g and 680's and had no problem. I am wondering if it could it be a big injector thing?

I can get a log tonight but i do not have my wideband logged. The only thing I did to try to get rid of it was pull some fuel out of the fuel table where it was happining. I got it to lean out to about 10:1, but the car still bogs down. What do you guys think, is it tune related or maybe bad injectors. I got the injectors used so that is why I am wondering. I have tuned the car before with a 16g and 680's and had no problem. I am wondering if it could it be a big injector thing?

What base settings did you use for latency?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back