The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G PCV system

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian97

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 3, 2018
Göteborg, Europe
Hello I have one simple question, I want to do something like this with 2 catch cans
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So i need check valve, can i use Fuel non return one way check valve like this ?

Or need to buy only this one recommended in the article ?

I'm from Sweden so its difficult to buy this recommended check valves.

Hi Adrian, if I were going to choose, I would go with the metal check valve so you can easily clean it out without fear of hurting it. I use the plastic units in my PCV line to keep boost out of my crankcase but other members also use one like you are looking at
For your use, I like metal. Hope it gives you a direction. :thumb:
Looking at the diagram closer, it is exacly what I do but no catch can so what ever is easiest for you to source, just check the specs so you know it will hold more than the boost you run, which most are rated a lot higher anyway.
Marty

That PCV setup is exactly what I run but I put two Kynar check valves between the catch can and the intake manifold for added protection. I personally would use the Kynar check valves as they are proven and last awhile. The last time I bought some, I bought 10 of them to have them on hand so I could justify shipping. I'm sure the metal one would work as well but I don't have any experience with that one. Be careful with a fuel check valve though, may take more to open and close it since it is use to a solid substance (fuel) being there to push the valve rather than just air.

If you are like me @Boomdeeze, I consider them disposable, replacement items, but we are in the states so easy supply. I keep them "in stock" here also! :thumb:
Since he is in Sweden, I don't know what is easily available for him is why I suggested the valve he has access to, but it has to hold and be rated for air as you pointed out.
Thanks!

Thanks for reply :) yea 4 of kynar check valves cost me 50$ + customs , metal one cost me between 4-6$ :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back