The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Overdrive botton stuck (wont move)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristianEclipseAuto

5+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2018
Roskilde, Europe
hi i am from Denmark. But i am a new owner of an eclipse gst auto 1997.

My overdrive botton is pushed in and wont go out (kinda stuck) How do i get that to work ? Anyone tried the same thing?

And is it dangerous for the transmission to have it on like that ?

Looking forward to some answers

, Christian from Denmark

I always drive with overdrive on. Get better gas mileage. As long as the transmission shifts smoothly through all gears it'll be fine until you figure out why the button is stuck in. You'll just need a Phillips screwdriver to pull the back cover of the shifter to peek inside.

Thank you so much for your answer. It shifts smoothly through All the gears

At 120 km/h it stands on 3.000 rpm

It goes 14-15 pr liter which i did not expect. But it did on the highway 500 km home from sweden

Not part of your question, but I thought I'd add this. If you get a shift box and granny shift, you can get over 20 mpg. I think factory it says 18ish mpg.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back